No announcement yet.

saying I miss you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't know that saying "I miss you" could ever be negative. I find it such a sweet and loving thing to say. >u< But then speaking from a person who hasn't once met up with her SO, I guess it's different. I can't really say "I miss you" as if we ever met in person and dwell on how much I miss his touch, etc. xD I just say "I miss you" or "I miss your voice/face" when we haven't talked/skyped for a day or so.

Comment

It's usually me who says it first - normally when I'm having a bad day, and we're on the phone. I tend to just blurt out "ughhhh, omg babe I miss you!" to which he responds with "awww hunnie, I know. I miss you too, but only ( XXDAYS) left until I can hold you again!" Or something like that. (He's always so positive and uplifting. I just adore him!)
      Lately I've been trying not to say it as much though because him knowing I'm upset and he can't be here makes him upset and that's just no fun for either one of us. However, today he was the one to say it first <3
      "I ran to him. I dropped my luggage and ran to him. My heart melted in my chest as I wrapped my arms around his neck. I could feel him. I could kiss him. I could smell him. He was real. He was here. He is mine."

He could be a million miles away...and still be worth every single mile <3

We met in 2012
      We became a couple in April 2014
      Our lips first met August 8, 2014
      Our beautiful 2nd visit was November 2014
      Hoping to visit again for a New Years kiss
      We'll spend my birthday and Valentines day in each other's arms <3 - Feb 2015
      Our "spring break" in March 2015
      Summer fun - June 2015
      DISNEY WORLD!!! Sept 2015

LOVE > DISTANCE
      QUALITY > CONVENIENCE

Comment

We try not to say I miss you too much.

We said it a *lot* after our first visit and the post visit blues nearly ripped us apart.

We now only say it as part of a longer conversation rather than just the fact that we miss each other - we know we do, so don't dwell on it.

We do say I love you a lot, or refer to each other 'my love' instead more

Comment

I don't see saying I miss you as a negative thing at all. I think it just shows how much we love each other and are thinking about each other.

Every now and then when the blues set in we will say "I'm really missing you at the moment" or "I'm really struggling with this at the moment" and we will talk about it and pull each other through. Every night before he goes to sleep he texts me the same thing, "I love you and miss you tons" To me it's not negative, it's sweet.

Comment

I think mostly it is more a romantic thing to say "I miss you" I like saying it at random moments, I agree with Unicorn26 it does show how much we love each other and we say "love you" so many times a day. We are almost at the end of the distance now, soon it will be closed forever when I move there in January 2015! When we feel lonely at times without each other or we are just sad about life etc, we say it then and usually we love to send each other voice recordings on whatsapp so we can hear each others voice

Comment

thank you for all the input and replies!
              looks like it is down to what meaning you give the words for most and on the individuality of the people saying them.

I think what I'm finding a bit difficult is balancing between openness and that zone where I have to be a grown up that doesnt cry just because I wnat that thing now :P we're both very sensitive thoughtful people that never say anything lightly, so if id say I miss you all the time I think we'd be in tears too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ronjaandbirk View Post
                I think what I'm finding a bit difficult is balancing between openness and that zone where I have to be a grown up that doesnt cry just because I wnat that thing now :P we're both very sensitive thoughtful people that never say anything lightly, so if id say I miss you all the time I think we'd be in tears too much.
                This is partly why we wouldn't say it too often: it was always so helpless and heartbreaking to say.
                In all the world there is no heart for me like yours.
                In all the world there is no love for you like mine.
                -- Maya Angelou

Comment

Working...
                X