When the Distance Beats You

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the Distance Beats You

I haven't posted in who knows how long! But I was with my SO for over 2 years when things went downhill. I felt very neglected with his busy schedule and I began to drift myself with more time to meet new people and do things on my own. The hard part about distance is managing two types of lives, the one you have here, and the one with your LDR. Sadly no matter how many times I tried to express my unhappiness, it just wasn't enough to save us. And in mid-November, things ended. It was hard but I just knew I wasn't ready to move to London and he just didn't love it in DC enough. I also saw many red flags that just proved to me he wasn't "the one." I have now been dating someone else LD (NY, closer!) and seeing where that goes. I guess I just wanted to post this for those struggling that if it ends, you should feel good about the effort you put into it. People don't always beat the distance, sometimes it beats you, but all in all, I loved the past 2 years and wouldn't change a thing. If you're struggling, remember the goal at the end, and if you're feeling like it isn't right, then you shouldn't feel bad if it ends because some things weren't meant to be and there's always someone else out there for you. I myself am excited for what's to come, LDRs make you stronger x

It's awesome to hear that you've found someone else, and that they're closer!
    I know the pain of an LDR that doesn't work out. I didn't date this person for nearly as long as you did, but after it ended I met someone closer (still an LDR) and is now my future husband!
    I understand what you mean by long distance relationships making you stronger. It's hard to balance your life with your SO's especially when you have no control over the outcome of their day other than what you can do over the phone/internet.
    It takes a special kind of person to be in a long distance relationship until you can finally close the distance. It takes times and cooperation.
    Hopefully this new person is more equip to handle the distance and although it will still come with it's struggles, it seems like you're doing much better.

Best Wishes.

-A

Comment

Working...
    X