Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honeymoon Period - How long did it last?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honeymoon Period - How long did it last?

Just curious, how long did the honeymoon period last for your relationship?

What are some signs that you are still in the honeymoon phase?

What are some signs that it has ended?
    Met Online : July 2013
    Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
    2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
    3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
    Proposal : December 2014
    Closed distance : February 2015
    Married : April 5, 2015

We've been together for almost 9 months. I think in some ways we are still in it, I get excited to see him every week when I see him, but in some ways it is over. I don't get the butterflies anymore, we are more comfortable with each other, I don't have to worry about make up, we can just hangout and he just dutch ovened me for the first time this week which is the sign of true love.

Comment

I'm not sure it has ended.
      We are more accustomed to each other and it's not all lovey dovey look I'm wearing pink shades.
      It's more comfy, we have farted in each others presence etc lol.
      There aren't that many butterflies.
      But I think due to the distance and not seeing each other that often, we are still some what in it.
      I get happy when he texts/Skypes. Super excited when we see each other. I still keep looking at him and thinking he is gorgeous.
      Want to kiss him all the time and hold hands etc.

He is very down to earth and maybe not so romantic, but we are good together.
      And I know for a fact that he has been shopping for late christmas pressies for me today and bought 7 (I sometimes ask questions like how many and are they big or small)!
      (They are small, nothing that big or expensive)
      But the fact that he does that would suggest that he too might still be in the honeymoon phase with me

Comment

Originally posted by snow_girl View Post
        We've been together for almost 9 months. I think in some ways we are still in it, I get excited to see him every week when I see him, but in some ways it is over. I don't get the butterflies anymore, we are more comfortable with each other, I don't have to worry about make up, we can just hangout and he just dutch ovened me for the first time this week which is the sign of true love.
        What does dutch ovening mean?

Comment

Honestly, I can't ever see either of us coming out of the phase. Whilst we've only been together a short space of time, the want to always talk is there between the both of us, though if he had his way, we'd never come off Skype. Even now I'm day dreaming.

Comment

I don't really think in terms of honey moon. As poly we have New Relationship Energy, and Long Relationship Energy. While NRE somewhat resembles honeymoon phase with the exitement and butterflies, NRE is also a phraze where people have insecurities. LRE is a more stable phaze, which means it can be duller but also more intimate.

I am with my husband on going eleven years, I think after the second year (when we also moved in together), we had become very comfortable with each other and then things sometimes were more boring, sometimes more exiting than before because we could go deeper into things, including sex. We are not like in the beginning of our relationship, but we are very resiliant to change and trouble, and we take very little seduction for us to have fun.

For some reason, the transion with SO from NRE to LRE seem to be going very fast. We moved in together very soon, and I feel I know him extremely well. After 15 months I start to relate to him as I do my husband more and more.
            Last edited by differentcountries; January 10, 2015, 03:28 PM.
            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

It's been two years and I'm pretty sure were still in it!

We still text loads, we still talk on FaceTime several times a week (we both still get nervous before!) I still get butterflies and he gets more gorgeous to me everytime I get a new selfie.

We are very comfortable with each other though, and as well as the butterflies I also get a very deep warm feeling too. I think about him all the time and he says the same, we like to try and talk on the phone every day and I love hearing his voice before I go to sleep. We are both really soppy and romantic but also goofy smartasses so I think we are pretty well suited.

I have no doubt if we were together all the time is would wear off a bit however, we both know about the efforts needed to maintain a healthy relationship. Although things wouldn't always be rosy, we know most of the time it'd be pretty awesome. For me the honeymoon period isnt over, it's still there and it's also evolved into something much deeper, more intense and much better.

Comment

That's a tough question! I think it took about 6 months the first time around. By that point, we were together almost everyday and were in that comfortable/can do pretty much anything in front of each other/ no makeup/ can do our own thing in the same room and be perfectly happy time. Then we began our LD part of the relationship and I feel like you never really lose the "non-honeymoon period" part of your relationship while you also have an additional aspect of "honeymoon love". I don't know if that makes any sense at all, but what I mean by that is that pretty much the day after my SO came back, I was already comfortable enough to be without makeup and not shave, but yet we wanted to be constantly touching/kissing, which I associate with the honeymoon period (although we've always been a very affectionate couple, so it could just be part of that). I think that in a successful relationship you never completely get out of the honeymoon period. For instance, my parents have been married for 25 years and they still hold hands every chance they get and I sometimes catch them making out in the kitchen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ahava View Post
                  What does dutch ovening mean?
                  He (or she) farts under the covers, and then stuffs you under so you can enjoy all of the "goodness" that is his/her fart.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                  Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                  Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
                    He (or she) farts under the covers, and then stuffs you under so you can enjoy all of the "goodness" that is his/her fart.
                    Haha, my fiance hasn't done that yet but he did something similar.

He told me to pull his finger and STUPIDLY, I did...He farted!

Lol...It was super funny! Now every few hours or so he says "pull my finger"

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn26 View Post
                      It's been two years and I'm pretty sure were still in it!

We still text loads, we still talk on FaceTime several times a week (we both still get nervous before!) I still get butterflies and he gets more gorgeous to me everytime I get a new selfie.

We are very comfortable with each other though, and as well as the butterflies I also get a very deep warm feeling too. I think about him all the time and he says the same, we like to try and talk on the phone every day and I love hearing his voice before I go to sleep. We are both really soppy and romantic but also goofy smartasses so I think we are pretty well suited.

I have no doubt if we were together all the time is would wear off a bit however, we both know about the efforts needed to maintain a healthy relationship. Although things wouldn't always be rosy, we know most of the time it'd be pretty awesome. For me the honeymoon period isnt over, it's still there and it's also evolved into something much deeper, more intense and much better.

This describes us very much! I find that we fall deeper and deeper in love everyday! The butterflies are there still, our communication frequency and intensity haven't wane (unless he it's peak season at work and I'm forewarned) and we never get bored with each other. Even as I now work in his business part time and he sometimes call mainly to discuss business, we always talk mushy for a bit. In addition, he also calls me when he's upset about stuff at work and I'm thankful he doesn't withdraw - I'm his confidant.

I don't worry about wearing make-up in his presence, but that has been from our 1st meeting. I have farted in his presence but that was accidental lol. It's not in me to do that deliberately around anyone lol.

The fact that we are engaged now and planning our wedding as well as my impending move have intensified our relationship. Our last 2 Skype calls were spent working out wedding details as he's about to make deposit on venue. I love how much he's involved in the process and he is excited to do so. He even asked me how I plan to style my hair lol. I'm like "hey I haven't even thought of that yet" lol.

Comment

I don't like the phrase "honeymoon period"as I believe that the deep feelings and also feeling comfortable around one another go hand in hand and like other people said I believe it never really goes away when you have found the one, your soul mate and true love. We have been together 10 months and we are still very much deeply madly crazily in love and we still love hearing each others voice, we both get excited to skype and we message every chance we get besides when either one of us is sleeping or he is at work. We only feel excitement and overjoyed and happy about everything in our future together look forward to it all, as well as staying down to earth at the same time. We are both very romantic and thoughtful people and we love joking around with each other, like for example everyday we are always expressing with words on whatsapp how much we mean to each other with every lovey dovey phrase we can think of, like we always have since day one. Yes of course we have grown together as a couple, such as not worrying about needing reassurance, as we were both hurt in the past so that is the reason we needed that before, but now we don't feel worried anymore, it faded away. Right from day one we felt comfortable and can be ourselves and be open, honest and kid around etc, the list goes on. But at the same time we have that excitement and butterflies, and I am confident we will years to come and the excitement and constant wanting to kiss and be playful, looking forward to everything will always be there and he feels exactly the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Petals View Post
                          This describes us very much! I find that we fall deeper and deeper in love everyday! The butterflies are there still, our communication frequency and intensity haven't wane (unless he it's peak season at work and I'm forewarned) and we never get bored with each other. Even as I now work in his business part time and he sometimes call mainly to discuss business, we always talk mushy for a bit. In addition, he also calls me when he's upset about stuff at work and I'm thankful he doesn't withdraw - I'm his confidant.

I don't worry about wearing make-up in his presence, but that has been from our 1st meeting. I have farted in his presence but that was accidental lol. It's not in me to do that deliberately around anyone lol.

The fact that we are engaged now and planning our wedding as well as my impending move have intensified our relationship. Our last 2 Skype calls were spent working out wedding details as he's about to make deposit on venue. I love how much he's involved in the process and he is excited to do so. He even asked me how I plan to style my hair lol. I'm like "hey I haven't even thought of that yet" lol.
                          I completely agree as it is the same for us too! We fall deeper in love each and everyday, our communication is as often as always besides the fact he recently started a new job working night shift. Yes we never get bored with one another either, we have always felt we can talk about anything and everything, we are there for one another through whatever we are feeling and we talk through any misunderstandings or disagreement, even to this day we have never had a fight, we never shout or say mean things to be horrible, of course we get stressed at times about work or general life, but it is never intentional grumpiness, we apologise if and when we did.

I never wear make up in front of him, even sometimes my hair is messy, and I love how I can be myself, that's how I know he is my soul mate and the deep connection that is hard to express into words!

I usually don't fart in front of anyone either, partly because of how I was bought up, but I am now comfortable joking around about it anytime with my SO.

We have already booked the venue for our wedding reception and the cater company months ago and his sisters have got involved, they are even planning a bridal shower and bachelorette party for me, his parents talk about our wedding often too, we have spoke about all these things in great detail and I am so happy and delighted makes me feel part of the family!
                          Last edited by vicks5721; January 10, 2015, 06:11 PM.

Comment

My mum used to say that she falls in love with my father all over again, at regular intervalls, and also that there are things that she is not as pleased with but she wille take it as part of the package. I find that to be quite accuate for my long term relationships, there are like periods where things are exiting and periods where it is not that much so. There are ways in which a long term partner can hurt you that is really unexplainable, and also ways in which a long term partner can know you and soothe you that really takes years to build the experience, even if you can know the basic pretty soon.

Every person is an experience, every relationship is a chineese box and there is no telling what will be inside it. I don't think it is so imporant that things will always stay the same way, in fact I think changing together is important to not stagnate. You become new people, together.
                            I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                            - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I think my boyfriend and I were slightly backwards... in the beginning we actually disagreed and argued pretty often while trying to figure out this whole LDR thing... so I think it took us quite some time before we settled down and started to really enjoy being in a relationship so in a way I think we are still currently in our honeymoon phase since it only started within the past year or so. But we're always having fun and being silly so I'm not sure the phase will be ending any time soon lol

Comment

Working...
                              X