So frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So frustrated

I'm so frustrated it makes me incapable of running my life. I miss my SO first of all. There seems to be so many things that add up to my misery and the scale is heavy on the wrong side at the moment. I have stress selling my house, teenage daughter, even little practical things that all add up. Problems with house electronics and frozen pipes, all at the same time... and of course we don't have our normal skype time because SO is away at his parents who are sick and brother who drinks. This time I promised I won't show my frustration to him when it's so hard already for him. But it doesn't mean I tolerate it any better. He lives hundreds of miles away from his parents but he is the responsible one who already put off his trip back home because parents need him. He wants to go home but can't. I want us to plan our future but I can't be selfish. He needs to be able to work and make money and right now he can't. It's just so frustrating. I don't feel like shopping or cooking or working. I'm just really feeling blue and no idea when I will see him again. It's a really hard patch for us now.

I can understand the feeling blue aspects and going through rough patches - I am not sure I will be coming out the other side of this one in an LDR still, but we will see.

If it is any consolation, you know he is not happy about this either, and it is not for long, so you will see/speak him again soon.

the future will work itself out as well, and the niggles you have with your house will get sorted too I am sure..... don't let it all get to you

Comment

He's probably feeling the same.

I feel for you, it's so tough. Stroppy daughters are enough on their own without all the other things going wrong too.

Sending you positive vibes and punching distance in the face!!!!!

Comment

Thanks guys. I know it's tough for both of us but in some ways hard times have made it clear how committed he is to his loved ones. He just wrote me how he's been running to the Doctor's all day to take care of his mother's stuff and how tired he is and how much he misses me. I am so proud of him but I always worry that he forgets to take care of himself. Also he has the patience which I don't have. He keeps telling me that I shouldn't lose hope, that our lives will be better, that we will make it. But it's so hard when we can't plan anything right now. I just have to toughen up. LDRs are challenging in so many ways. I'm so happy to have this forum and you guys ♡

Comment

Well, this is what we're here for. To help in times of uncertainty. I remember going through times similar to this one with an ex; it got ridiculous and so stressful. Hope things work out sooner rather than later!

P.S. I would hate to have a moody teenager whilst in an LDR... oh my gods >_>

Comment

It sounds like you two have a lot going on!!
            I'm going to say something that someone once told me on this forum (which I didn't believe at ALL, but it was true!)
            A lot can change in a few weeks time.

Right now it might seem like this will take for ever and that it doesn't seem like you can plan anything anytime soon, but really you don't know what will happen in the future.
            And I mean that in an optimistic way!

Comment

Rough patches really suck, there's sadly no way around it. Try what you can to take good care of yourself, and if it's just a bath or a quick cup of your favorite tea. Treat yourself a bit, it can make a big lot of difference for your emotional state! You and your SO can make it through this, never lose sight of that.

~
              It'll take a lot more than words and guns
              A whole lot more than riches and muscle
              The hands of the many must join as one
              And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
              X