What's Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's Next?

My partner and I recently closed the distance between us. I am from the US and he is from Australia. We have been together for 3 years, (12/02/11) and we finally met in September of 2014. I have been with him for almost 5 months now and I will sadly be leaving in a few weeks. This is the first time we've met in person and it's been amazing. Being physically here with him has been everything I have ever wished for. However, right now I am stressing out about leaving. I've been with him for so long and hate the thought of leaving. We do have plans for the future and what we want in this relationship, so we do plan on continuing it. I'm really nervous about leaving and emotions have gotten the best of me. I don't know what to do or how to cope.

Leaving is always rough, especially when you've been together in person for so long that you've really gotten in tune with each other.

First off, don't be ashamed that you are not taking it in stride. Do you think anyone else would be wrong for being sad and crying when they have to leave their partner? Allow yourself to be sad! Don't bottle it up. And crying is actually a great stress relieving mechanism.

Once you've made it through that big initial bulk of sadness, try looking forward, and try being positive. Remember that you are sad because spending time with your SO is just that wonderful. Focus on the plans you have for the relationship and for closing the distance. See what you can do to hurry the time along, and if it's just learning about each other's cultures, picking up hobbies, etc. - Be productive, socialize with local friends, take good care of yourself! And never forget that each day that passes is a day closer to being together again.

Best of luck!

~
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle
    The hands of the many must join as one
    And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Working...
    X