This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help, boyfriend is so depressed and hopeless

Hey everybody! Me and my boyfriend have been together since July 2014. I am 21 and he is 22. I am Turkish and he is Polish. Till now we met 4-5 times. Each and every time we meet, we connect more and more and fall in love more. We saw each other last time on Feb 2. I met his family and they really liked ne. Things were ok about first 4 weeks but recently he is very depressed. He misses me extremely and says very negative stuff. "Yes we will meet but you will go." or "I didn't know that having a relationship like that is very hard." or "I wanna see you everytime, not when it is possible." or ".... what's next?". He says he loves me so much and does not want any other girl. I know that. I also feel like that too. And i am also very emotional lately, cry time to time unexpectedly, because i also missed him soo much. But i have school and i am just trying to deal with my classes and go to Europe asap. Also when he does like that i also feel so sad, please give me advice how to ease and calm him.

Thanks a lot!

I am still very new to LDR but I hope I can be of some help. Although not everybody has the same needs maybe it can be of some help, but when I am feeling sad and I tell my SO how much I miss her and want to be with her, she always reminds me of how close we are emotionally and to not focus on the sad parts but the happy things like just having each other and she tells me how much she loves me. It helps me just to have that.

I think you could also try to remind him that you are doing all you can and that it is necessary for you to finish with your school and then you can be free to come and that the wait will be worth it. I think the main thing is to be supportive let him know that it will work out. Remind him that it is only a matter of time and to try to enjoy just having each other now.

I know it is not much but again I hope it will help you some.

Comment

I'm not sure if my post will be of any help at all, but what we do when we miss each other a lot is actually do stuff together, even if it's online. My SO and I have gotten used to skyping daily now (except when he's at work).
      Every time we meet and say goodbye again part of us stays with our SO and we just feel terrible. For months. It's been since november since my SO and I have been together yet every day we do fun things together. We both play video games so we usually play some while skyping, or we watch a movie on netflix, or play tetris battles against each other or stuff like that. What's even more fun is plan the next trip together. Make a little list of things you wanna do together next time, or what you wanna eat, drink, places you wanna visit again, little things. It makes you relive the good moments.
      I'm sure everyone in an LDR goes through phases like he is, and what seems to help us most is focussing on the good things, on the lovely memories etc, rather than staying focussed on the negatives.

Hopefully this helps you some!
      Met online: Somewhere before the summer of 2012.
      Mutual interest: june, july 2012.
      Official:August 2012.
      Current status: Engaged, plans for me to move to the USA, figuring out K-1 forms etc.

First met: I visited him in VA, USA. Jan 7th 2014.
      Second time:Kind of still first, he came back to Belgium with me, January 23rd 2014.
      Third time: He came back to Belgium on October 20th 2014.
      Plans: Moving to the USA and getting married end of 2015.

Comment

Talking really helps and since i am a person who gets panicked so easily i felt very hopeless at that time. Thank you so much xjustxinxtimex and Kimaca ^^

Comment

Working...
        X