Commitment issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Commitment issues

Hey everyone first time posting my SO is in fiji and I am in Australia, I met him while holidaying there and went back for 5 days over Easter he is planning on coming in June of his visa is approved

But I am struggling a lot with the distance, I just came out of a 3 year relationship with a guy who basically lived down the road it was a very messy break up, i am very scared to be committed to somebody I can't see every day and don't way my heart broken again we call everyday but his work is at night and mine is during the day so only 10-15 min phone calls

I would like to know how everybody felt first going into a LDR and how you became used to the separation

It's not for the faith hearted, that's for sure. If you are needy or the jealous type I wouldn't recommend it. You need to establish frequent times for communication which you two are doing. Keep busy so you don't find yourself waiting on his call or text. How long have you been together for? Sometimes transition takes time with a LDR.

Comment

Have you tried Skyping?
      I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
      - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I agree with Redheart14 that LDR's aren't for everyone. It takes commitment, communication, trust and a real desire to be in the relationship.

My first LDR that started out as an LDR was 15 years ago. Computers were just coming down enough in price that more people could afford them. We had good old AOL and dial-up connection. Cell phones were newer. There was no texting, no Skyping, no snapchat, etc. You got email or chatroom. At that time, at least among the people I knew, an LDR wasn't this really big deal like we make it today. It was just another obstacle to overcome and you dealt with the distance because that's just how it was. We were together off and on for 8 years. For the first 4 years, we saw each other one time for less than 48 hours. Though it didn't work out for us, we remain in contact and know we will always be there for the other one if ever needed.
        To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
        X