Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How often do you talk?

Hey all,

it is my first time in a LDR and I was wondering how often you guys usually talk in a day/week?
    Do you skype/facetime daily or just chat or text?

Do you ever run out of things to talk about? If so, what do you do then?

Thanks for all your input

We usually talk on text every day, and on Skype 5-6 times a week (some days we are just too tired). We only have 1 hour time difference.

Sure we run out of things to talk about. But we don't just talk, we do lots of other things. I like to take skype with me, if he has free time at work I can "take him in my pocket" to the nearest park and Skype from there. I find it is not exactly that Skyping gets boring, but we can be tired (often Skype late at night, after his job and possably part time job) or upset over the distance and that can stifle the flow of the talk. Sometimes we just have fun with each other. He likes to show me the cat and tell me stores of how much the cat misses me. We talk about our daily lives and our plans. Sometimes we defer into politics or meaning of life and heavy stuff like that. Sometimes it is just what is the weather like there (usually colder where I am). Sometimes very intersting things have happened on his end or mine, and we talk about that. In the past, I used the 100 questions for lovers, but right now I don't want to get to know him better, just keep our spirits up
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

We talk on skype whenever we can. As i have issues in certain areas I travel to frequently on getting text messages- i am starting to wonder if whatsapp would work better for us messaging as skype sometimes never delivers the messages he sends to me. It is honestly very confusing. For the most part we video call when we can. We don't/haven't really run out of things to say yet. Sometimes we get a little quiet but it's a nice quiet, not awkward at all. The presence of having him simply being there means a lot. As far as quiet over texting, when we used to text everyday i always asked him random questions if things (i felt) got a little bit boring or whatnot. He was always a dear in answering them lol Still is.
      "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

We spoke on Skype in the evenings when he came back from work, and textchatted on and off throughout the day when he had a break at work.

~
        It'll take a lot more than words and guns
        A whole lot more than riches and muscle
        The hands of the many must join as one
        And together we'll cross the river

Comment

We usually text each other via the skype app on and off every day. On my days off from work, we voice chat, so the voice chatting is two to three times per week.

Comment

We text daily. Over the last few weeks, due to him being extremely busy with his business and a personal issue, we have only actually talked on the phone a few times. Usually we talk every day. Skyping - yesterday was the first time in a few weeks or so. He owns his own business and he is out the door by 6am and sometimes not home until after midnight. He was going to try to start being home by 7pm to give us some time together but that hasn't happened yet. I'll take what I can get because all the hours he is putting in is putting us closer to our goal of closing the distance.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

We text throughout the day using WhatsApp. We also try to Skype every day, but that doesn't always happen depending on our schedules. Sometimes, we run out of things to talk about. If that happens, we usually just go off and do our own things for awhile, then come back later to talk to each other again. It works out for us pretty well

(BTW, it's nice to see another Californian/German couple on here! )

Comment

We talk on text mostly throughout the day, and send selfies to each other and stuff. Then at night we Skype and lately we have been leaving Skype open and falling asleep with one another
                I have exams atm so things are currently a little quiet, and there are times that we've discussed so much that there is some silence but it's not a weird silence. You get used to it after it happens a few times!

Good luck in your ldr!

Comment

We used to text chat whenever he came home, then jumped on our private TeamSpeak server for the rest of the day. Skype was rare, because I shared my room with my twin and we liked to use it for special occasions

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
                  First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
                  Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
                  Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
                  Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
                  Married: 1/24/2015
                  Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

We text every day, sometimes less sometimes more. We skype for at least an hour on his work days and then we try to skype for longer on his days off. We don't usually skype on saturday as I get home late from work and he has to do stuff on saturdays. Sometimes we just have skype open and talk when something comes up. Honestly we are both comfortable with silence on skype and I'm glad we are ok with that. It happens in normal relationships, you don't speak all the time, especially if you are tired and being comfortable with it is good (in my opinion). We do other stuff too. We play computer games together when we both have time (usually on the weekends).
                    Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
                    All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

We text each other good morning and talk on the phone at night... daily.

Comment

We text throughout the day and we try to talk on the phone every evening before bed. Even if it's only a few minutes. Due to the network situation, we rarely Skype though. Maybe about once a month.

Comment

We sent a message every single day through Facebook. That's one of the biggest suggestions that I give to people starting a LDR. It's really helpful to communicate everyday even if you have a time difference/really busy/whatever that prevent you from being online at the same time. You are still able to share about your day and say hello everyday!

We skyped as often as possible as well. Some weeks it was only twice or so but others it was everyday. We tried to make a "date day" every week though were we put a couple of hours aside to watch a movie or play a game or just simply have a really good talk.

Comment

we text through viber everyday, sometimes talk if we have time. due to our 9h difference and work, we can skype only on weekends. there are days when we don't really send that many msgs since there is simply nothing to talk about as daily life happens, so it's just a couple "miss you/hope your day is going good" msgs. on weekends however when we have more time to Skype, we watch movies and TV shows (we are both huge fans and watch similar things)

Comment

I swear that someone posted this question before. Oh well, it depends really. We text each other randomly through the week and when he's free he usually asks me if we can talk on Skype for a bit. We have a one hour time difference but that doesn't really matter at all lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X