LDR GF done complete 180

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR GF done complete 180

Just seeking some help, been in a relationship for two years basically living together with amazing girl we are older she is 32 and I'm 35 and highly compatible. Currently half way across the world with her role to perform while traveling on a cruise, she is half way through her first contract. Initially offered a contract one year ago but declined to stay with me which made me feel semi guilty as I don't want her to miss on opportunity and regret, but at the same time reiterated her love. Was'nt worried about her being on a cruise as she is head strong and 100% trust, both wanted LDR as we were both happy with each other and wanted to be together. The plan was for her to come back to my country after this contract she is from another country but hasn't lived there in ages, and basically sort out what the next place to move together would be. Nearly proposed before she left but didn't want to freak her out thought several times about this(had international visit from her mom, and before she left and told me she had never seen her daughter this happy before or cared about a guy this much, and basically hit me up as to when I was going to marry her)
    Everything was fine planned several trips to join her, first one was amazing and she nearly quit the day after I visited to come back due to me as she wasn't enjoying it and was depressed. That visit was amazing and knew we will still really strong and meant to be. Had great communication and would say how much she misses me etc, good skype too but recently stopped due to bad connection issues with the net....Initially tried to get a job onboard so I could join her but it was bit of an issue due to recruitment companies. I never had doubt in LDR and made it more so after the first visit
    Now she has completely flipped out after being on ocean for too long before seeing land again, saying she is unsure and wants to experience new things and not "settle", and unsure of what to do next like another job or move some where foreign.... She really doesn't enjoy the work and thought she would get more time to explore the countries she visits(she has travelled alot too so I'm not worried that she hasn't seen the world, planned to do alot of traveling together after this etc). Asked alot of tough questions regarding us but reassured her of everything. We have another visit soon but doesn't think its fair on me, but I know if I visit her she will snap out of this mind set and we will be able to move on past this hump. When she was here she was extremely happy and confident due to me, now she is almost bipolar and semi depressed and wants to go home for a bit to get some help as she doesn't feel happy! Now thinks we are not strong enough and different plans but I would go any where in the world to relocate for her regardless of job opportunities. Was trying to spin things around and agree me to have final say to separate several times and give it thought after a while but I know if happened, we would get back after a month. She is still in this thinking but still says she loves me. I think if I keep reassuring her and telling her how much she means will push her further away and think I have no direction and self worth of my own
    Should I wait this out while she come to senses, try and make an actually endding even she is unsure what she will do next after her contract, go with original visit soon and propose? I really see her in my future and we had lots of plans to travel but her moods keep changing. Has anyone else been through this and her to come back around into happy loving you again?

If she is unhappy with her work, it is going to affect your relationship. What kind of work options does she have? Sounds like she might be looking to try out another type of travel-related job. She might also be interested in knowing what type of job you prefer to do, I am sure you would do anything for love, but it usually works out better if people get work they are interested in doing. Imagine the both of you working on the boat and disliking it, it would not work out.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

She sounds depressed and I think your idea about the visit would be good. It'd probably really pick her up. I'm not saying I am right, but I have been down a lot recently and I know that the visit to my boyfriend is really going to pick me back up. I've a lot of stress going on with work and college as well as studying for exams and then my personal life. My boyfriend is amazing and very supportive and I think thats the best thing you can do for the person you love. Be supportive and be there for her.
      Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
      All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Yea thanks guys for that. She knows her main passion is travel so she doesn't mind the work but I know she hates doing it, if she had the skills Im sure she could get a travel related job with expedia or another similar company where she is based somewhere but gets the opportunities to travel. We did mention moving overseas but said there was hardly ay jobs there so I scrapped the idea, maybe this through her off too with me being indecisive. Then wanted to move to another place but didnt was worried about me giving up my life where I am, but I would reather join her on a new adventure. I know I would probably not like the type of work I could get on the boat and that might've caused some tension but the money saved during that time would be amazing to use to travel with her after, and just being with her would make it all the better
        If I visited I know it would really pick her up and have a good time sharing some experiences together, it would be hard if her state of mind stays the same then change after I visited as her contract would be done shortly after and still wouldn't know what the next step is. I suggested a few ideas after her contract which should put us in the same place. Trying to still be supportive what ever she choose as I want her to be happy in the end, I really hope we work it out and figure an end plan and can't wait for a visit though I know it would really make her happy. Funny how one person can make you feel like this and you want to do everything in your power to make them happy

Comment

Working...
        X