HELP I dont know how to make her happier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been with her for so long, and it seems the longer we are together the more it hurts. I have a few previous on and off relationships and i kinda now how it feels like to be left alone, but for her i am her first and we are in a long distance relationship. She is a country away from me. I do visit her and her family during breaks and holidays, but this only happens 2 to 3 times a year at max. She always misses me and cries. Moreover her parents always tells her that she is still young and should not be so committed into a relationship prior to working( we are in our final year of uni). This makes her feel that her parents are not supportive, and that she feels like she is being left to dry. We love each other very much, but it seems for her that distance is tearing her apart as she misses me and her parents (although they do like me) keeps reminding her that there could be other people out there when she goes out to work. All the negativity is driving her insane and i am lost at how am i suppose to help her. Help

Lost and frustrated

I don't think you can make her happier as it is her parents who are not supportive. What you can do is tell her that you are indeed comitted to the relationship. She is not THAT young, she is an adult who soon will be making her own money. She needs to find ways to distance herself from her parents in order to be happier. Her parents are probably just trying to be helpful, thinking that a local relationship is easier. They may worry about you guys not being able to close the distance, or worry that she will move to you so that they will be far away from their daughter.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by kreyz View Post
      This makes her feel that her parents are not supportive, and that she feels like she is being left to dry.
      1. You cannot make her happy
      2. See #1

How can you make another person happy? Was she never happy in life, and then she sat around waiting on you to make her happy?

Sure, there are things you can do to improve the relationship. Open, honest communication is probably a good start. If it were me, I would be open, honest, and supportive. I would not count on ever making her happy. If her happiness is a result of the openness, honesty, and support, I could not take credit for "making her happy". I would say instead that I developed tools of openness, honesty, and being supportive in an effort to have a successful relationship.

Comment

Working...
      X