Neutral Countries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Neutral Countries?

Apologies if this has been posted before... My husband (2 years July 19th) who lives in England, British, and I Canadian have been denied 2 Visas for me to stay in England (on silly reasons) and are awaiting final decision on him and his 2 children to come to Canada.... BUT I'm wondering are there any Neutral Countries mixed country couples can live in peace? Are there any neutral countries the two of us could live and work without the hassle of immigration?
    Many thanks in advance.... 6 years is WAY too long to wait to be together

So, was it immigration based on marriage you tried? If you have education or lots of work experience, a visa to work might be an option. Also, I think there are some Asian countries you can move to without getting a job there. It might be easier if you consider each country.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Out of interest what were the 'silly reasons'? Just as we're applying tol so it would be useful to hear. Also, there is a loophole with EU visas that means it's easier to get a visa as a someone married to an EU national in another EU country than their own. So you could look at moving to another EU country, you'd need jobs there though.

Comment

I don't think with out a visa. Although some countries visa policies will be a lot more slack than others, I'm not sure which ones. You would have to research it. There are countries you could probably volunteer in together for the time that you'd be apart.
        The court will talk to the kids (especially if they are older). I know British courts all too well. Your husband has to prove it's in the children's best interest to move to Canada, get a solicitor if you haven't already! I'm going to court in September, but I have a really strong case as my ex is American and living in America so if I want to move abroad they are more likely to say yes because of this. He has no contact though and I will have to show the court that my daughter has a strong relationship with my boyfriend (visiting in the summer will help) which she does already. But it is not simple!

I am assuming it's probably on the income threshold because over here it is exceptionally high and the majority of people don't earn that type of money.
        Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
        All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

Even neutral countries have some form of border control. There's really not gonna be an easy way to solve this, and while there are countries that are easier to move to than others, you should also consider if they would actually be good places for your family to live. Especially since there are children involved, you shouldn't make this decision lightly.

~
          It'll take a lot more than words and guns
          A whole lot more than riches and muscle
          The hands of the many must join as one
          And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Thank you, first Visa for me to stay in UK was ansestry based, denied on a typo on my grandfather's landing papers....made by....immigration....second denied was that i applied to stay as my husband's wife and was told I should have applied from Canada.....even tho the forms were specific "from inside UK"....we have sufficient work and income

Comment

The children are 25 and 18 now and the mum signed them off...

Comment

Working...
              X