Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Visa for europe (germany) - really so difficult to get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa for europe (germany) - really so difficult to get?

Hi everybody,

I guess this topic is somewhere but I didn't find it so ... I was visiting last year my bf and this year its his turn. But he says that it is very complicated and he wants to make everything correct and need to prepare very well (!!). and try to get old student papers from usa ... so thats why this preparation will take much longer ... and I don't will see him soon as i aspected. He is from Peru - everybody knows maybe in the next year you don't will need a visa but i cannot wait over 12 months to see next. I always wonder why this seem so difficulty. Friends of me saying he didn't try seriously and i should to be carefully .... I have no clue about visa. I never needed one for myself. I don't wanna imagine he does not try this. And I don't wanna make him feel to get pushed into this if i ask ask ask what is the status in this. I don't know what I should think ... So if somebody ever needed a visa for Europe, what was your experience with it? complicated? did you need a lot of information about your person to them? how fast did you got it?

i will be thankfully for every answer

Yes visas to some European countries from elsewhere can be very difficult .We had to provide a lot of evidence of our relationships for my SO from Turkey to get visitor visa to Norway, after having dated for 1,5 years. Also, don't make him do this alone - probably you will need to do just much as him for the visa. We used a couple of months to gather the information andre understand the forms. I think we waited 6 weeks for an answer. We did the visitor visa (a version of Scengen but I think he was allowed to enter Norway only since visiting me was the purpose of the journey ). He does not quality for a tourist visa because he is a seasonal worker. For some reason they were very interested in the fact that I have met his mum! And the number of visits I had to him, our relationship story, where I work, I had to prove I could support him by bringing 3 paychecks to the police etc.

What you need to do ,is go online on the Foreign affairs departementet of your country (if there is one) and research exactly what is needed from Peru to Germany for the different types of visas.
    Last edited by differentcountries; July 19, 2015, 02:34 PM.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Is he applying for a Schengen Visa?
      My SO and I also recently went through this process and for us it was quite difficult. It took us about 6 months to gather all the documents (but only because he still had to get a passport) and then it took another 1,5 months after officially applying until his visa was granted, because he was denied once. Really make sure that he has all the documents that are required and extra ones, like the ones he's trying to get from the US. Basically, you need to prove that he has sufficient financial means and that the centre of his life is in Peru (family ties, job, school etc.).

Here is the website of the German Embassy in Peru with a lot of useful information regarding the visa process:
      https://www.lima.diplo.de/Vertretung...e/11/Visa.html

Comment

yes, thats right. Thanks to your post i see now it is a lot (!!) infront i just found about: passport, reason for travel, money for journey and travel health insurance - which seems simple. Bur now, now i see its stupid difficult. The problem is further, he lives in panama. If he would have to get an extra flight to Lima - than this will hurt his travel money for germany a lot. He already started to get his documents ready. He says, he want to be sure to have everything right. I asked him to give me more information about his process or if he need help.

Comment

I an guessing he has to go to Lima.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

How did it go?

We applied for the schengen-visa last year(I live in Norway), and it took some days to print out all the papers, photocopy and fill out forms.. I photocopied my passport with all the visas from when I went visiting him. He had to fix the insurance, pay the application fee and all that before he went there. So it`s a lot of work! For both..

From he handed in the application there, it only took five days before he was granted a visa! I was so surprised. And happy.

Comment

Working...
            X