Losing my love

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Losing my love

Well we hit the roughest patch we have ever hit before. My boyfriend and I have been dating for almost 11 months, I went on my first visit about two weeks ago for three weeks. He lives in Australia and I in the states. We have had problems before but I thought we got everything out in the open before I left and we committed to loving one another.
    Yesterday, He told me he loved me with all his heart but the distance was crippling. If wasn't that he wanted to lose me but he couldn't handle the stress and expectations of a relationship. He said we were twenty and we shouldn't be so serious. He cried while I cried and it didn't matter what I said, it didn't seem to matter. I went back over the last two weeks and all I have been is negative about my life and what has been going on in my life. That's what our conversations have mainly consisted of. So I kept saying we can change this and we can change that he still stood by that he didn't want the relationship. My heart was breaking. I've never loved someone like I love him. Our only flaw seemed to be the distance. I was planning to see him in December and he told me to hold off buying that plane ticket. He wanted to break up, but he wanted me to understand and be okay with it, it was never finalized. Finally, I proposed to him to let me change some things about the relationship, let me be more positive, we can cut down the high expectations to communicate all the time, and we would be pretty silent this week to provide space. But I told him if we break up now, I would have to separate myself, I couldn't talk to the man I love all the time without feeling awful. It wouldn't be fair to myself, and he got upset. He said he would give it a month, because who knows time could change things, sure enough last night and today he has been contacting me more than usual, no phone calls but just more messaging and an eagerness to talk. He apologized for ruining my day, but nothing else. We still tell each other we love one another and I'm just really confused. He was sweet and kind and loving. Happy to talk to me really.
    I love him and would do anything for him, he knows that, his family loved me. I'm just extremely nervous for what's to come and if it's going to hurt more than its going to help. I love him so much, and all I want is for it to work, if anything I don't want him to be truly unhappy.
    We could do it, he just needs faith and a desire to commit.

The first visit is hard. I was almost physically sick after my first visit to SO. Like he said, he needs time to digest the distance. Give it time.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Sounds like the classic LDR freakout: I have them almost weekly.
      It's a very lonely life and sometimes it can feel so dark that it's almost not worth it. I think maybe that's the mindset he was in.
      On the other side, some people really can't handle an LDR and that's no one's fault: it's just how it is.
      I think you need to keep yourself safe and happy and if he's the way to do that, then fight for it, but don't necessarily hide what you're feeling for his benefit.
      If the negativity is a big problem then you can definitely try and be more positive, but you shouldn't have to pretend to be happy when you're not.
      I'd say see how this month goes and maybe he really did just have a freak out and now things are getting back to normal, but I don't want you to feel like your happiness is dependant on his whims either. Do what you can to be the best partner you can be and if he's the one for you, that will be enough.
      Hope this helps and I truly hope you both work things out.

Comment

Well it's been amazing so far, shortly after that he apologized and said he was overthinking things. We are very happy right now, he has a lot of unfortunate things going on in his life right now, but we are good. I'm just being that girl he can talk to, the woman he loves, and i've been a lot happier and felt very loved. It has been an educational month on discovering what makes us both stronger and weaker. He loves me, he loves me so much he makes sure to talk to me even when he's having a low day and doesn't really want to talk at all. And i'm glad to realize that, and I'm glad to be his.

Comment

Glad it working out.

Comment

Working...
          X