Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching a way to join her in Brunei

Hello everyone,

I'm in France and my girlfriend is in Malaysia. We met almost 4 years ago on twitter and are in a LDR for almost 2 years now. We met haven't been able to meet face to face yet because her dad is an idiot. She talked to him, I wrote him letters and I tried to have a video call with him but he doesn't wanna try to understand. She is 28 and still live at his home... until next Monday.

She had a job offer in Brunei (Kuala Belait exactly) and she decided to take it because her situation at home is becoming so bad. We both decided that it is our chance to meet and spend time together before a second assault against her family.

I don't really have attaches here and since march 2015 I work alone in my own tiny business as a web developer and computer technician. I decided (with her approbation after many discussions) to try to join her by finding a job in Brunei or Sarawak (Malaysian state next to Brunei).

So I am searching for a job in Kuala Belait area. I have skills as a web developer, computer technician and electrician, but I am ready to study any offers. If you want more information, my LinkedIn profile is up to date here : https://fr.linkedin.com/in/francoisyerg

If you know someone who could help me for a job or an accommodation, thank you to link us, I can be available very quickly.

Thank you very much

I think you shouldn't move to close the distance with someone you haven't met yet. After she moves to Brunei you can start to plan your first visit. If after meeting you both still think you should try to relocate to her she will be your best guide in how to search for jobs. Or, if you work from home anyway, your might be able to take your work with you as you travel.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

I sympathize with you about feeling an urgent need to be with her, but DifferentCountries is right. Work from "home" while visiting her for a week or two. People can be very different in person compared to online/ on the phone. The two of you know how you treat each other, but knowing how you/ she treats others is also important.

Comment

agree with the two people above. plan to meet up first, don't be so hasty about moving in with her. if after the meet up you feel that she's the one for you then go ahead

Comment

It's always interesting to read through old threads. Look at the dates though before you reply. This was submitted in August and the OP hasn't signed in since August 24th (you can find this on their profile). I don't think they are going to be back looking for advice.
          To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Agreed. Newbies...gotta love 'em!

But, on the very off chance Francios should ever check on this thread; for godssakes man, take the stuff about your relationship OFF of your LinkedIn CV! It looks incredibly immature and unprofessional.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post

But, on the very off chance Francios should ever check on this thread; for godssakes man, take the stuff about your relationship OFF of your LinkedIn CV! It looks incredibly immature and unprofessional.
              I want to rewrite the whole damn thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post

hehe i did read that too ,guess he hasn't got any job in brunei

Comment

Working...
                X