Questions/Advice from 6 year LDR couple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions/Advice from 6 year LDR couple

Hi there! My boyfriend and I have been together since we were very young, and we had to be apart for 6 years without being able to visit each other because of US/Mexico border issues. But we closed the distance about a month ago, and I'm back with him in the US.
    I understand how difficult it is for some couples to go through a LDR and sometimes you need ideas that actually help or advice that motivates the relationship. My boyfriend and I are starting out a vlog/IG etc so we can help out other couples, share our experience, and continue to show how we grow stronger as a couple every day after being apart for such a long time including our wacky adventures.

I was just wondering if you guys had any quick questions on LDR, on being apart for such a long time, on motivation to keep going, gift ideas etc? We basically have gone through it all (well, seems like it lol).
    Even if you have some ESSENTIAL tips that people need to know, ideas, etc. We'd love to hear from you!
    We'd love to put this in a video and talk about it because I feel like there's not enough talk about this on videos etc.
    Anyways, thank you very much for the help!

Did you guys ever have any doubts in your relationship for example were there a time(s) when you thought about breaking up?

How did you two communicate and keep your feelings alive?

Comment

When communication got tough how did you get through it?

What did you talk about to keep things relatable?

How did you keep things in common?

Did you ever mail each other anything?

Comment

When he promises something to your face, how do you truly know he isn't bullshitting you?

Comment

I don't have any questions for you at the moment, but I just want to say..... wow. That's so amazing how long the two of you guys have been together, starting at such a young age. Plus being long distance on top of that. Congratulations on finally closing the distance!
          ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
          Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
          First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
          Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
          Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
          Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

I'm gonna get the pom poms out and cheer you guys on. Such a cute couple. But no I don't have any questions, just wanted to say that lol.

Comment

Okay, first off, WOW! You guys are amazing! Is it weird to say I'm happy for you guys even though I don't know you? lol
              So I have a lot of questions:

- What's the longest you've gone without talking to your SO?

- Was there ever a time where you felt jealous of your SO spending time with others? If so, how did you cope with it or work it out?

- Did you guys ever have fights?

- If you did fight, how did you work it out? <-- I noticed a lot of people are afraid of fighting when they're in a LDR because of the idea of their SO being able to easily ignore them.

- How often did you contact each other?

- What do you recommend is the best way to contact your SO (besides skype)?

Comment

The OP hasn't logged into LFAD in over 2 weeks. A lot of the questions that were asked have answers from other members and are already on the website by other, long-term members.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Working...
                X