Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone record video messages back and forth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone record video messages back and forth?

My boyfriend, Christoph, and I used to record video messages back and forth to each other. I was working as a flight attendant from 2012-2014 and he was based in Germany so a lot of the times we couldn't communicate with each other very often. We would record messages and then upload them to dropbox for each other. I was wondering if anyone else did that too? Since then we've ended our LDR (well we still sort of do it. I live in Germany now, but he travels for work often), but I rewatch some of our videos sometime and it makes me so happy to be able to go back and watch those videos during our LDR. I can totally see the progression of our relationship over time, and also, I saw how his English drastically improved over the course of 2 years that we did long distance! I just was curious if anyone else had the same experience.

Me and my GF sometimes leave each other little recorded clips on skype or use the Couple app to leave each other voice clips. It's nice to be able to re-watch and listen to them again. I think it gives great comfort too.
    First met - June 2014
    Became official - 14 October 2014
    First meeting March 2015-S came to the UK
    I visited Arizona - June 2015
    I visited Arizona- November 2015
    2nd December 2015 - Got Engaged
    December 2015 - S came to England for Christmas with me
    May 2016- Closed the Distance!!!

Comment

I totally agree! He's away for work right now and when I rewatch them I can't help but smile.

Comment

I am trying to convince my S/O for the first video chat (she said yes yesterday! Scheduled for next week as we see each other in 4 days ) and I think it's a long way ahead before we start thinking about things like leaving video messages for each other. She is so shy haha

Comment

I totally understand! My boyfriend was super shy when we first met. I think part of that was the language barrier as well. I'm sure with time she will be more comfortable around you, it definitely takes time. Glad you will see your S/O in just 4 days!

Comment

My boyfriend and I used to do that a lot, but not so much anymore. We speak a lot of on the phone every day.
            Engaged Dec 2015!! Visa approved June 2016 . Married July 18th 2016 <3

Home is where the heart is and my home will always be with my love.
            All the way from England to the USA.

Comment

We do this all the time. We sometimes send vids instead of good morning texts, I love getting them! He sends me vids of him singing to me, they're so sweet and funny because he can't sing and he always gets the words wrong haha!!

Comment

Originally posted by absoulutelyanna View Post
                I totally understand! My boyfriend was super shy when we first met. I think part of that was the language barrier as well. I'm sure with time she will be more comfortable around you, it definitely takes time. Glad you will see your S/O in just 4 days!
                Yeah, hopefully as the time passes she will be more comfortable with things like video-chatting. I dont mind talking on the phone but I'd love to see her from time to time, even if it's FaceTime, and if there is possibilty then why not try?

Yes! I am so excited about that!

Comment

My SO and I leave voice messages for each other every day usually, it's a wonderful way to wake up (minus hearing him sleeping, of course).

Comment

I have done some video clips for him, usually of me singing to him. Otherwise, we both prefer it to be an exchange and we only have one hour time difference, so we usually do regular Skype.
                    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Yeah, I totally agree with all of you that waking up to a message is super wonderful as well! Right now my boyfriend is just a few hours away so we talk on the phone every night. But, I think someday when one of us is travelling for an extended period of time again, I will record him a couple of video messages to add to the collection

Comment

My SO often leaves me either a voice message on Whatsapp or a video message on Skype for me for when I wake up in the morning, I love going back and listening to/rewatching them <3

Comment

Yes, Yes, Yes. Do this in one form or another as often as you can. Even a small little clip; if you happen to be a beginner and figuring things out; can do a world of good. My baby and I try to Skype as often as our hectic lives allow and when we have the means we share small glimpses of our day or a minute of thought. Starting this practice years ago helped bring us closer together and even let us learn subtler things about each other that can constantly bring smiles. Happy moments, sad times, silly, intimate, sexy, it all takes on greater depth. When I want her but it's not possible I look back at her videos and feel so good. She has even used mine to help relax and put herself to sleep. (I'm that exciting! Lol.)

Comment

Working...
                          X