Support Friend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support Friend

Im a busy professional and single dad in a LDR for 1 1/2 years. I don't have interests in going out on the weekends until my fiancé is here. More and more I'm finding myself isolated on the weekends because we can only talk at the beginning and end of the day. Has anybody found a way of meeting a supportive friend or two in similar circumstances other than posting on a public forum. It would be nice to know another person that's in the same boat.

They might have meetups in your area. It helps me a lot to get out and explore my interests and hobbies. Exercise and socializing with friends and family helps, too. I had a great bike ride with my niece last Friday night. Check out meetup.com for different meetups in your area.

Comment

Just ask around - I am pretty sure there must be someone. Also you can try to check the Internet, considering websites about your area.

Comment

Well, my language class is also my LDR support Group! All but one are in a long distance relationship with someone in the same country, Turkey.
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks for your suggestions Haven't found anything yet, but I'll keep looking.

Comment

Working...
          X