Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDR guy moving to my home town, shoud I let him move in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he's moving to your town anyway, what's the rush? You could get to know each other in real life and see if things are still great, and then ask him to move in. I think making such a commitment to someone you've never met in person is a risk. But by all means, go ahead and do what you think is right!

Comment

I think you are moving way too fast. Have you discussed this with him? Was his moving to your home town on the cards before you started speaking? If yes then surely he would have to have been thinking about places to live before you came along?

Going straight into living with someone you have never met is sheer lunacy. Even if it a flatting type situation (which, being honest with yourself, it's not is it, because you are romantically involved) there is still so much that could go wrong.

If took almost 3 years for me and my SO to meet in person and we were soooooo close, we talked all the time (still do) and we knew each other inside out. But, despite all this it was really awkward for a few days. The nerves did settle down after a few days and then it was absolutely great but being together in person is TOTALLY different than online, texting, phoning or video chatting.

Moving straight in together is bonkers. Get to know each other in person first, otherwise you are putting a huge amount of pressure on yourself and the relationship.

Comment

I have to agree with the other posters. You've never met in person yet...it would be better to "date" and stay in separate places to start.
        If you truly feel secure having him in your home then by all means enjoy the time. Best wishes to you both.

Comment

You can have him on sleep-overs without him moving in the first time you see each other. I know you are perfect for one another, but he also need to build a life when he comes, not just hang out with you. If he settles in fine and you go along just great, I imagine slowly all his stuff will end up in your flat and voila, you are now living together.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X