Need Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Advice

Hello all, I am a new member to this site, and I am here because I am desperate for advice!
    This LDR is my first, as well as my SO's. When our relationship started, and even previous to that, we talked non stop, all day, all night. Honestly, it was amazing. We've been together for about a month now, and our relationship communication has taken a a hit. Its slowed down completely, and I have no idea what to do!! Of course because of this I get ridiculous amounts of anxiety, and I over think practically everything! We haven't met yet, but we have plans to very soon (mid June of this year), its gaining quickly, but I dont know if we will make it there because this conversation lull is killing me!
    There has also been a stop in the I love you's and all that mushy stuff. Is this because of the lack of conversation? I don't know anyone who has ever been in a LDR, so I really hope I get some advice/encouragement!
    Thank you for taking the time to read this!

Communication is always changing with people both CD and LDR. Just LDRs need it more, I feel, as we don't have the physical contact that others have. We can't see or feel what our SOs are feeling as well as others that are close.

That being said, all relationships ebb and flow. We need to keep the conversations from becoming stale. There are resources here that can help with that part...questions for couples etc. Talk about silly stuff that happened, or a dream you had... Anything to change up and open the line between you two.

The lack of I love you, could also be due to communication. How often are you talking and you just fill that gap saying that? Or is there another issue? Again, that is something you need to ask and TALK about. Set time and really think about communications.

Comment

It's not typical to keep talking at the same rate that you began. That's okay! Not talking 24-7 gives both of you a chance to continue your normal life too. See if you can transition from all the time talking to a really good talk once a day/once a week/whatever works in both of your schedule. Personally, I feel like having a really good talk, even for 30 min. daily really helps me stay connected to my SO. Don't let your mind take over. You are together for a reason: when you start to doubt, look to your SO for reassurance. Eventually, you won't have those thoughts anymore, but it does take time and security for them to fade. And as sasad said: communication, communication, communication!

Comment

i agree with what everyone said. just to add - you can also ask your SO whats up. of course you guys were in the "honeymoon" phase, but then life happens. so i would suggest a check in, maybe workload was increased, family or friend issue, etc.

when that happened with my SO and i, it was work that had him consumed - so i just told him to give me a heads up because his work has seasonal busy periods

Comment

Working...
        X