No announcement yet.

Missing him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because I am not going through this pain that you all have too... Does it matter how long you have been together? Do they ever deny for lack of time together? Why is this all a pita? Everyone is moving from one country to the another, and it seems to balance out mostly. it's not like the world will suddenly become lopsided and fall off its axis...

Comment

Originally posted by sasad View Post
      Just because I am not going through this pain that you all have too... Does it matter how long you have been together? Do they ever deny for lack of time together? Why is this all a pita? Everyone is moving from one country to the another, and it seems to balance out mostly. it's not like the world will suddenly become lopsided and fall off its axis...
      They deny for all sorts of reasons. Some of them are beyond stupid, like bank statements not being on the correct paper. It's crazy. I understand that they don't want people coming into the country and claiming welfare but the fact is, non EU spouses have no recourse to public funds anyway.

Currently I don't meet the earnings threshold and I don't have any chance of doing so until my children are both at secondary school, then I can go back to work full time. The stupid thing is, I have to rely on government help right now to top up my income but if SO was to move here, I wouldn't have to. There is a job waiting for him if he wants it. Unfortunately, in order for him to come here on a working visa, the job needs to pay at least £35,000.00 per annum. The job here for him doesn't pay that. So we are stuck.

I hate that the government in this country puts a price on people's happiness. It's awful. I try not to think about it too much otherwise it gets me really down.

Comment

I have an update....

I SEE MY BOY IN 7 WEEKS!!!!

I am so relieved and excited. It will be a short trip because of work - just a little over 2 weeks so that we get 3 weekends and have to find a way down to Heathrow Airport as I booked a direct flight so that no time is wasted on hours spent in foreign airports.

My first time, I went to see him in Australia. That was my first time flying, I flew alone, and I made it with 2 ridiculously long layovers. I'm sure I can survive a 5 hours coach to London for the sake of a direct flight. Very excited!!! And Korea will be very exciting too!!

Comment

Working...
        X