Obstacles in our way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Obstacles in our way

I'm from North America, and he is from South America. We met online, started gradually talking, and faster than we realized we were head over heels in love. We dream of being together for good; either moving to his country or moving to mine, marrying, and having a life together. Right now, however, we are running into the simplest obstacle of even getting to see each other in person for the first time. Visa denials. It's very disheartening to be denied a visa just to spend one week together, let alone knowing how much we wish to spend the rest of our lives together. I'm seeking motivation, encouragement, and advice on how to kick-start this process so we can finally be together. Skype has been a blessing, but I look forward to the day I can close skype for the last time and delete it.

Welcome to LFAD, cetodd95 It's good to hear you are making the steps to try and meet each other for the first time. It's important that you do take that step to see what it's like to be a couple in person.

That's a shame, although you don't need to give details, do you know why you or your SO was denied a visa to visit? Can something be done to overcome it in the future to allow one of you to visit the other? And likewise, if the person who was denied the visa can't visit the other, will it work visa versa and you person denied can be visited?

Ah yes, how we are all looking forward to no longer needing Skype to see our SOs. It's difficult, but with years of effort it can be done.

Comment

The vast majority of people in here is in similar situation, seeking various visas and how to make it possible to be together so there are many threats about those things. So you'll definitely find some advice over there.

As for visiting the first time, not sure who is having visa denied- you or your SO, but maybe look for some 3rd country with less restrictions that both you and your SO could visit at the same time? It might be a little bit more expensive, but it's surer way to meet that spend money on countless visa applications

Comment

His visa was denied because my country said he couldn't prove strong enough ties to his own country, so they believe he is going to come here and try to stay, becoming an illegal immigrant. I am planning on going to see him soon, I'm still waiting for my visa acceptance (or denial). But I would really love for him to come here so he can meet my family like we both strongly desire for him to do.

Comment

Aww, that's a shame. Hope that your Visa will be accepted so you can meet. Will hold my thumbs ^^

Comment

Working...
          X