Different phase of life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Different phase of life

This issue has been bugging me for a while now. Basically in this coming August, my SO would be going to China for a year-long exchange, while I would be graduating from university. He hinted for me to try to get a job/internship in China or it would be hard for us to continue our relationship. We met during our student exchange and has been sustaining our relationship for the past 16 months. So far it has been going alright (we met for 3 times within this period and would be meeting soon in May) but it is difficult to seek for a plan for us to be living together when we are entering our new phase of life soon. Besides, my family is pretty conservative and still oppose to my LDR relationship, thus it is difficult for me to make plans to work overseas (not considering how difficult it would be given that i am a fresh graduate). I have attempted to find overseas job opportunities but the attempts are futile. I do not know what to do and feel really stressed about this as I do not want this relationship to end because of my incapability. My SO has been trying really hard to come to Asia so that he could be nearer to me and it feels like I am not trying hard enough I feel so helpless...
    Last edited by oliveoiloil; March 18, 2016, 11:34 AM.

I definitely understand that. It seems like moving somewhere when you finish school and need to find work is easy- nothing holds you back, but it's more complicated than that... it's so hard to get a job in different country being fresh out of school...

My bf will be doing similar thing- he's graduating and will try to move to Europe for me- I'm still at school... If he won't succeed in moving over here, I honestly don't know if we'll make... I sucks feeling helpless and just hoping that one day maybe

Sorry, not much of an advice here, just support and hopefully the feeling that you are not alone

Comment

Originally posted by oliveoiloil View Post
      My SO has been trying really hard to come to Asia so that he could be nearer to me and it feels like I am not trying hard enough I feel so helpless...
      I can empathise with you as I am going through a similar issue. I am afraid I do feel it is make or break, if you or him can not come to each other indeed it would be difficult to see how in the long term the relationship can work, so I do hope he will succeed in moving close to you. It is not easy, so hopefully you can wait for him.

Comment

Working...
      X