We met in the airport 4 months ago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We met in the airport 4 months ago

I am 18 and he is 22. I was travelling back from Romania to my home country, Kurdistan. I had a layover in Istanbuls airport for four hours. I sat at starbucks, waiting for my plane. He was there too, a few chairs away, I noticed him looking a few times. After 2 hours he came and sat next to me and I asked if I was Lebanese, from there we started talking and he had just come back from Sweden and is going back to the States for his studies, he is originally from Lebanon. we talked for two hours and clicked right away, there was so much to talk about, yet such little time. We had so many common interests such as travelling, I still remember every second of that day. He then asked me for my nr and I gave it to him, yet I had doubts if I wanted to actually give it to him, because I was not ready for any type of relationship.

Ever since the day we met, he texts every single day and we talk about what we are doing. When we are on the phone it feels as if there is no distance between us, I have never been so emotionally attached to someone this way, he cares a lot about me and listens to me a lot. It hurts me too, because I am not the type of girl who is emotionally dependant on someone, I have always been very independent and checking my whatsapp to see if he is messaging me is destroying me, even though he does text me everyday.

We arent in a relationship but it sure feels like one by the way he talks to me, he has said I love you a few times, but I was too scared to say anything so I would change the subject right away. Commitments and relationships have scared me because I dont want to get attached to someone too much and then get hurt. But with him I know he wont hurt me, but I dont know why I react the way I do. I care about him a lot and we have told each other things we dont tell anyone. He constantly texts me saying I miss you even if we have talked a few hours before that and he always tells me how smart, funny and amazing I am.

I told him I might be doing an internship during the summer in Spain and he said he wants to do one too and meet up, but the problem is he only has a summer vacation during august and I plan on doing my internship during June. It really bothered him that I do not want to change it. Honestly, I have always kept one thing in my head is to never base decisions on other people. I really want to see him but the timing is not right and I dont know what to do because I think I love him and it hurts that I cant be in his arms.

Should I meet up with him or wait for another opportunity? And is this really going anywhere because many people told me long distance relationships dont work.
    Last edited by Noee; April 14, 2016, 08:33 AM.

I always imiagined Istanbul's airports as great places to fall in love, and especially the coffeshops

I would personally not visit someone who had not declared that they were or wanted to be in a relationship with me.

The issue of when and how to meet each other are practical matters that you will find a solution to if you are determant to meet. Is him coming to Iraq not an option in August? Could he change his holiday time? If you look into all the possabilities, the answer will present itself.

I have done an international long distance relationship for 2,5 years and I know people have done it for much longer. It can be done. Like you, I only met my SO briefly before parting. But we decided right away we were serious, so I had no hesitation spending time and money to go see him.
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Your answer made me think about many aspects of this whole thing, I appreciate it.

But him coming to Iraq would not be possible. Unfortunately he cant change his holiday time, its not in his hands because he has his University and part time job. Even though he told me a few times to go to Lebanon where he lives and I could stay with him and his family during summer. So, the whole thing is very confusing. And I have days where I want to block him from all of my social media because I have become so attached to him and its an uncommon part of my personality.

Comment

Why block him? Why be afraid of friendship and possibly love? You aren't running off to get married, but could be gaining an amazing person.

Comment

The idea of meeting both him and his family in his home country sound very sweet. I hear Lebanon is a great place, if you have the time off. That might be less expensive for you as well, if his family have room for you. You can tell he is serious, why else would he invite you home to his family? If there is an option for you to have holiday time in August, and you also have money for the journey, you could consider to do it like that. If so, he would probably cover the expenses for you when you are there.
          I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
          - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Working...
          X