It's Agony. Everytime he leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Agony. Everytime he leaves.

It literally never gets easier. It has been 7 months and I just feel like I'm going crazy. Insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. I work two jobs, constantly busy. It's not enough. I still miss him like crazy. Does it get better? Does your heart ever stop LITERALLY hurting?

Not really, but the challenge is to find ways to soldier on despite the pain. Focusing on the future: personal plans, plans to meet him, plans to be together do help.

Comment

He will be gone for 3 months this time. This will be the longest without seeing each other. I'm just struggling. I can "soldier on " I have been since the day we met. I just am devastated this time. He leave tomorrow.

Comment

Some days are better than others, and some days all you'll want to do is cry. Loving someone never gets easier and distance is just another challenge added to that. You just have to hold onto the hope that one day you'll be together. Until then let yourself be sad and have the odd day where all you want to do is cry because you miss them, because it's okay to be sad and miss them but you can't let it consume your life completely. Be sad because you miss them, but also be happy because they send you cute messages and love you so much that they're also willing to go through the pain you feel.
        my girls <3

Josie (SO)
        Met online ~ 17th August 2017 ~
        Met in person ~ 30th August 2017 ~
        Became official ~ 15th September 2017 ~
        Closed the distance and moved in together! ~ 18th June 2018 ~

Ash
        Met online ~ 21st November 2018 ~
        Met in person ~ 26th November 2018 ~
        Became official ~ 4th December 2018 ~
        All moved in together! ~ 30th May 2019 ~

Comment

I get it and trust me I live to get those messages and hear his voice. It's the other stuff that's hard. Missing the way he smells, feels. The constant reminders. His side of the bed always being empty.

Comment

Originally posted by kittyxuchiha11 View Post
            Some days are better than others, and some days all you'll want to do is cry. Loving someone never gets easier and distance is just another challenge added to that. You just have to hold onto the hope that one day you'll be together. Until then let yourself be sad and have the odd day where all you want to do is cry because you miss them, because it's okay to be sad and miss them but you can't let it consume your life completely. Be sad because you miss them, but also be happy because they send you cute messages and love you so much that they're also willing to go through the pain you feel.
            I agree. The more you let in consume you, it puts a strain on the other person in your relationship. This forum is a great place to vent so maybe use this as your outlet.

Comment

I will give a different perspective and say it does get easier - at least for me. It's been almost a year since we last saw each other and we are only a day's drive apart. Lots of things have been going on for both of us that just has made it pretty impossible to see each other.

I love him very much and I do miss him but I don't let the distance or us being apart become an obsession for me. Maybe it's because I'm very independent or because I don't focus on the being apart but instead focus on when we will be closing the distance. I truly believe it has a lot to do with your attitude about it and your perspective on how you choose to look at the situation.
              To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Agreed... Don't let it consume you. Don't make yourself a miserable person waiting. And honestly, 3 months is almost no time at all compared to the yearly visits a lot of people have... And no, I am NOT saying it's harder one way or the other. You need to give yourself a day to a week to feel sad, then get back to living! Plan stuff for the next visit, meet with friends, take up a new hobby. And I think it does get a wee easier after you get the routine down.

Comment

Try to keep busy but in stuffs that you like. Me keeping me busy at work didn't work at all. Push yourself to do some new stuffs that you always wanted to do. See your friends. Try to play a new instrument. Cook! There is plenty of things to do, and it can leads you to great conversation with your so after that!

Comment

I just joined this site because I feel the same way and had to see if there was anybody out there like me. I feel like I'm losing my mind sometimes. We were just together for 12 days and I came home 1 week ago. What a long week. I can't stop thinking about her. The thing is I don't usually get this way. On top of it my GF is going through a rough time at work and there's nothing I can do to help. What do people do to cope?

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!
                      Read on this site...lots of good info
                      Keep busy with work, family and hobbies. Maybe send an "old fashioned" card to your SO telling her you are there for her as she goes through this rough patch?
                      Sometimes being reminded that we're not alone makes a world of difference.

Comment

Working...
                      X