Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he doesn't love me back

Hello everyone,

Me and my SO met in person in January and hit it off pretty quickly, seen each other four times since then and became official in February. When we were together, everything was going great.

Pretty much, today he told me he likes me, but does not seem to be in love, which even to him is weird and unusual.
    I love him though, and am wondering if I should worry, as he himself seems to wonder why it is like that, or if it can be a distance thing?

Have any of you have such experience?

Thank you in advance for any input!

The distance can sometimes shut off the "in love" -feeling to protect yourself from frustation. I dont know if this is happening here.

How are you in touch when you are aprart?
    I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
    - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Originally posted by Carol View Post
      Hello everyone,

Me and my SO met in person in January and hit it off pretty quickly, seen each other four times since then and became official in February. When we were together, everything was going great.

Pretty much, today he told me he likes me, but does not seem to be in love, which even to him is weird and unusual.
      I love him though, and am wondering if I should worry, as he himself seems to wonder why it is like that, or if it can be a distance thing?

Have any of you have such experience?

Thank you in advance for any input!
      Long distance or close distance, you can get along great with someone, have fun and lots of the same interests and not be in love with them. Yes, it may be confusing because you feel you should because you are so compatible, but it doesn't always happen. Your SO needs to really look deep in himself and figure out if he wants a romantic relationship or a friendship. The sooner, the better so you aren't left wondering.
      To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Hello differentcountries,

We comunicate via skype calls and facebook messages.
        I will honestly say I wouldn't assume his feelings were not as strong as mine till yesterday, he has always been very sweet and seems to be interested a lot.
        As he is a very active person and likes to have fun, I know for sure LDR is not easy for him all the time.

But based on the R&R answer, I am now worried it would eventually turn into friendship feelings on his side.

Comment

Any relationship is built by the two people in it. A friendship takes hard work too. You both need to talk and listen to each other.

Comment

Working...
          X