Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie first LDR

Hello,
    I met a guy online from Israel, 2 weeks ago. We have been texting, talking on the phone, and face-timing everyday. He is from Israel and I live in NYC. We have a lot of things in common and he seems like a really nice guy. He says he wants to move to America and have a family. My question is: how do I stay guarded and not fall for this guy? I have no idea who he really is... He could be using me for just a green card, one day. I'm 32 and he is 37. I really enjoy talking to him, but I am afraid he is a total fake. How has everyone dealt with their relationships in the beginning?

Help!

Thanks so much...
    Debra

Originally posted by Debra326 View Post
    Hello,
    I met a guy online from Israel, 2 weeks ago. We have been texting, talking on the phone, and face-timing everyday. He is from Israel and I live in NYC. We have a lot of things in common and he seems like a really nice guy. He says he wants to move to America and have a family. My question is: how do I stay guarded and not fall for this guy? I have no idea who he really is... He could be using me for just a green card, one day. I'm 32 and he is 37. I really enjoy talking to him, but I am afraid he is a total fake. How has everyone dealt with their relationships in the beginning?

Help!

Thanks so much...
    Debra
    Welcome to LFAD.

You are way overthinking things. You've only been talking for two weeks. It takes time to get to know anyone. Right now, just concentrate on a friendship and don't worry about a relationship.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Slow down and build a friendship together first. It's much too soon to discuss moving or starting a family.

Comment

Just be cautious as your relationship progresses, keep your eyes open for anything shady. Most international LDR's aren't green card grabs, but you have good reason to worry a little, it's not a bad thing. Enjoy your growing friendship, be smart and just see how the next few months go. Good luck.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I don't think anyone can hide their true selves and intentions online long term, at least not better than irl.

So basically, what others said, give it some time and see how it goes. And keep the middle ground~
          Last edited by C.C.; July 9, 2016, 12:49 PM. Reason: Also, yay~ Moon posted.

Comment

Working...
          X