It's over... now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's over... now what?

Hi, I'm new here, but looking for some advice/support. My story is that my LDR fiancee and I met when we were teenagers, we had a long distance relationship then for a year, but being young and technology not being what it is now, we made the split and it was simple. He lives in England (where I'm from and my family is) and I live in Canada.

2 years ago we came together again in some turn of fate and it was much easier this time for us. We were/are madly in love. We visited each other often and (like everyone here, I'm sure) messaged and spoke/skyped all day, every day. We planned our future; where we'd marry, what our children's names would be, where we'd holiday... Recently he decided that the distance was too hard given that he would be so busy with his touring band, he couldn't concentrate for missing me and with my kids struggling to accept him in our lives, I did need more of him than he could give. Clearly the time wasn't right for us, it took me a while to understand that though.

My question is... what do I do with all the messages/photos/videos/songs/emails? All the letters, more meaningful gifts, plane tickets and movie stubs can be easily tucked away in a box and kept until such time as they might mean nothing, but the message threads...? I'm sure you all know how each one means the world to us in a LDR. When you're with someone close by the kisses and days are taken for granted and forgotten each night, but at a distance you treasure them so much and I truly believe that LDR connections are deeper than close distance couples. If we'd had an angry breakup I'm sure I could just hit delete, but we broke up because we loved each other more than time and space would allow. Delete feels too harsh, like removing 2 years of my life. The breakup its self took a month as we didn't really want to do it. There's still an element of "maybe one day the time will be right" for us both and I'd hate to have lost it all. Please help. ❤
    Last edited by Jess_Undercover; October 3, 2016, 11:28 PM.

Hi, sorry to hear this! Personally I couldn't delete this stuff either. I would put all of the physical items into a box and put it out of sight - maybe under a bed. For the stuff on the computer I would put it into one file that is then out of sight, but still there. Maybe it isnt the best way to move on, I don't know, but its what I think that I would do.

Comment

xxcazaxx thank you, I'll collect it into one place this weekend. Maybe it'll become forgotten there one day the same way I know the box will.

Comment

Working...
      X