Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time in a relationship and LDR; doubts about DTR and saying I love you order...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time in a relationship and LDR; doubts about DTR and saying I love you order...

Hello,

This is my first post here so I shall introduce myself first. I have never had a relationship before what I am having now. My SO and I have been "together" in touch) for 4 months now, and we have seen each other twice, spending 3 full days the second time (including hotel, etc...). We already agreed to stop seeing other people and well we like each other a lot!

The other day the DTR subject (define the relationship) came up because I had a dream about it and as we are so transparent with each other I decided to share it with my SO as I knew it should be fine. I was right and she was on the same page as I wondering "what were we?". Given that we are both very romantic and that I want to make of the moment something special, as we are seeing each other in 3 weeks, we agreed to talk about it then, however we have been given each other clear hints of what we want and what we already are... it is just a cheesy formality we both want to go through.

I do have feelings for her and she has told me the same, as I am new in relationships I have no idea if this is "love" and if she is referring to the same... which links to the DTR talk we are meant to have..., I am going to formally ask her to be my girlfriend, put a tag and clearly express that I am here for the "long" run if she wants (which I know she does!). However I am doubtful if I should say "I love you" before or together with the magic question... I have never felt in love with anyone... and I am not too sure if this is what it is! haha But it definitely looks like... haha

I want to make it beautiful and perfect and as a newbie in all this I was wondering if you could give me some advice on what you guys thing and in which order you defined the relationship and dropped the "l" bomb.

She did say when we kind of talked about it that DTR was not just about the tag or being exclusive is as well about your feelings... so I think there are big hints I should (and I feel!) drop the Love bomb... but I want to make sure I do it on the right order, if there is any...

Thanks in advance!

Don't say it unless you mean it....that the best advice I can give you. And as a girl, saying I love you isn't going to make it perfect and beautiful. Saying what you feel, from your heart will. I would rather hear that you think I'm beautiful, you love the way I and how you want to learn everything about me, then hearing I love you, whenyou don't feel it all the way yet. Be honest and be you. That will make it better.

Comment

Working...
    X