Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

LDR only emails. Are there LDR success stories minus video chatting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LDR only emails. Are there LDR success stories minus video chatting?

Could he be a scam? He sounds very genuine in our conversations. But 20% of me is wary that he does not invite me for skype. My sister says its normal for some guys. What are your thoughts? Please help.

If you have doubts, then ask to Skype with him. In today's world, there is no way he doesn't have access to Skype or some type of video chat. It's not uncommon to start with just emails and chats, but eventually it does move on to vido chats and phone calls.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Well I never Skype or video chat with my boyfriend (we talk on the phone), but we met IRL became friends and then started a LDR. So I know for a fact that I am talking to who I think I am. If you gus haven't ever met I would say that only emailing while having an actual romantic relationship is a bit strange, for me personally it feels like a penpal relationship. If you want to do more than email then you should let him know but if you are happy with emailing then keep doing that. It could easily be a scam if he doesn't want to Skype but as long as he is not asking anything or acting stragely it is possible that he is just not comfortable with video chats.

Comment

Could he be a scam? Sure he could, and scammers can sound very, very genuine. You say he doesn't invite you to Skype, but have you asked him? The only way you'll feel reassured is if you get a more interpersonal form of communication, so start pushing for it, there's absolutely no reason for email only these days, and if he's in Germany, he has no lack of the most up to date technology. If you have doubts, trust your instinct, and don't allow yourself to keep falling until you know who you're falling for. Good luck.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I had met my OH before we started long distance. We talk on the phone on facebook chat but not on video chat. Do you think that he has body issues that make him reluctant to do videoing? x

Comment

Originally posted by xxcazaxx View Post
            I had met my OH before we started long distance. We talk on the phone on facebook chat but not on video chat. Do you think that he has body issues that make him reluctant to do videoing? x
            He is the only one who can tell you like he doesn't want to have video chats. Some people just aren't comfortable with being on video. However, IMHO, that's one area where people should be able to compromise and be able to video chat with their SO sometimes. It may only be once a month, but at least it's something.
            To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Are there LDR success stories minus video chatting?
              Yes, certainly there are. Before there was internet, people called on the phone. Before people called on the phone, they wrote letters. There certainly have been successful LDRs where there was no video chatting.

Originally posted by Bodacious_babe View Post
              Could he be a scam? He sounds very genuine in our conversations. But 20% of me is wary that he does not invite me for skype. My sister says its normal for some guys. What are your thoughts? Please help.
              Yes, it could be a scam. It may not be.

We are strangers on the internet, and not mind readers therefore we do not know his intentions or motives.

Comment

Originally posted by R&R View Post
                He is the only one who can tell you like he doesn't want to have video chats. Some people just aren't comfortable with being on video. However, IMHO, that's one area where people should be able to compromise and be able to video chat with their SO sometimes. It may only be once a month, but at least it's something.
                I didn't mean about me and video chatting I am quite happy with voice calling. I should have taken a new paragraph, oops

Comment

My SO and I would have never videochatting before meeting each other. Been talking for almost a year then meeting on September. No Skype, no FaceTime, i saw him sometimes on the chat I met him on but we never had a call just between us two. And since we met, then for 4 months, we only had 2 video calls. He is not really into texting either but he does efforts about that.
                  So no worries Some guys are just not into video callings.

Comment

Originally posted by Evylania View Post
                    My SO and I would have never videochatting before meeting each other. Been talking for almost a year then meeting on September. No Skype, no FaceTime, i saw him sometimes on the chat I met him on but we never had a call just between us two. And since we met, then for 4 months, we only had 2 video calls. He is not really into texting either but he does efforts about that.
                    So no worries Some guys are just not into video callings.
                    It's not a "no worries" thing, ofc it can work out and stuff between two people.
                    But it is UNSAFE, and it means putting yourself in danger. Something being unsafe doesn't mean it can't succeed, it just means that person is taking too much risk.

I get how some guys aren't into video chatting, but doing it at least ONCE is a simple thing anyone's SO should be able to compromise.
                    (all this is about relationships that started online btw)

Comment

Working...
                    X