An Aussie and a Russian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An Aussie and a Russian

Hey, guys! Im Russian and my LDR BF is Aussie.

I would like to know if there are such couples here and how do you cope with things, like distance and also if its easier to meet in Russia or Australia.
    And if there are couples who united already and live together, i would like to know what country have you chosen and why.
    Also share your experience please! I will very much appreciate.

It would be very helpful, thank you)

Welcome to LFAD! These are mostly pretty common questions that have been answered in numerous threads already, people's stories are everywhere on here. Do a search, you'll see many, many international couples here and read how they manage. They might not be your two specific countries, but from everywhere. Good luck.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

I'm from the US and my SO is Australian. We closed the distance and we're currently living in Australia.
      When moving to another country, there are a lot of things to consider: Who is willing to give up their job? What are the job opportunities like in each country? What will this mean for you if you're away from your family or friends? Are you going to regret moving? and so on and so forth.

For us, it was already known that I was going to make the move to Australia. When it actually happened, it turned out to be harder than I thought. Yes I do get homesick and it gets really bad at times. I've had to start over in my life (get a new job, make some new friends, adapt to the culture, etc) It's a big decision that needs to be talked about between partners. However, whatever is decided, you need to make sure you're absolutely positive about it. Moving to a country requires visas, and this means waiting times on it. I don't know about Russia, but if you apply in Australia for the visa, you have to stay in the country until there is a decision about your visa (and the waiting time on it is up to 2 years) It would be horrible if you later regretted the decision but couldn't go home because you needed to wait till you've been approved or denied.

As I said, talk about it in depth with your SO and be realistic about it (where will you live, what if the other person has a hard time finding a job, what about school, what are you giving up, etc)

Good luck

Comment

Thank u so much!

Comment

OP, Both my SO n' I are American. So, The distance is only coastal.

You didn't say what part of Australia your SO is in. So, Since you are in Russia, the airport would be in Moscow. Which makes it pretty simple. He would have to fly to Moscow.

First Visit: September 2016
          Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
          Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
          For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
          John 4:12
          I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris516 View Post
            OP, Both my SO n' I are American. So, The distance is only coastal.

You didn't say what part of Australia your SO is in. So, Since you are in Russia, the airport would be in Moscow. Which makes it pretty simple. He would have to fly to Moscow.
            Ummmm...do you have any idea about the absolute hugeness of Russia? Russia is about 1.8 times the size of the US, so almost double our size. That's like telling someone if they're in the US, the only airport is JFK in New York, so that's where to fly into. Russia happens to have many, many airports.

Russia is so immense they have 11 time zones.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Moon View Post
              Ummmm...do you have any idea about the absolute hugeness of Russia? Russia is about 1.8 times the size of the US, so almost double our size. That's like telling someone if they're in the US, the only airport is JFK in New York, so that's where to fly into. Russia happens to have many, many airports.

Russia is so immense they have 11 time zones.
              Yes it is immense. According to this list:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...he_former_USSR

There are five international airports in Russia alone. Regardless of the fact that I only mentioned Moscow. My point was, there are more ways to fly into Russia, than Australia.

For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
              I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

I live in Moscow and my partner lives in Brisbane.

Comment

Well then, you actually can fly to him just as easy. He is near a major hub as well! I think best bet is to see what cost of flights are during specific times. My SO lives in Florida, it winter now in the northeast, so flights down are more expensive then flights up here... that and we do searches weeks to month s in advance for the best prices. I also have a fare lock in case prices go down We have a competition for finding best flight prices to see who goes where next.

Comment

Originally posted by Aniser View Post
                    I live in Moscow and my partner lives in Brisbane.
                    Perfect!!! Ask that he fly out to see you.

Comment

Thank you all!

Comment

Working...
                      X