Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The start of something new

Hi everyone,

I am super new to this whole community and I guess I just need some advice and whether I should continue to see where this potential relationship could go.
    So I was a bridesmaid in my cousin's wedding about a little over a month ago and I hit it off with one of the groomsmen. The thing is he is from London and I go to med school in Nashville. We have been texting and talking on the phone almost every day since the wedding. It has been great! He's sweet and I like him but I have never done a long distance relationship before and I don't know if it is worth getting into it with him. He has said that he wants to come and visit me sometime this year but nothing has been made definite but we have only been talking for like a month. Also we haven't solidified anything yet so it's just getting to know each other. Should I be this anxious or should I just let it ride out?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Pttimi; January 6, 2017, 06:43 PM.

Just take it as it comes. If he comes out to visit, see how you both feel after that. Don't put unnecessary pressure on yourself.

Comment

I made the best decision of my life when I decided to take a leap of faith and pursue things seriously with my SO, but we didn't get to that point right away. We talked back and forth for about 3 months before we met in real life. Those months were really fun! We focused on getting to know each other, slowly revealing more and more about each other, watching shows and movies together and gaming together. We exchanged pictures, mixed things up with audio and video calls, and things just naturally progressed. Are you doing any of those things with him? If not, suggest watching a movie or starting a series that you watch together (Netflix is great for this, and there are definitely other sites out there that allow for simultaneous watching). For me, the true test of our compatibility came when we met for the first time. After the second I first kissed him at that airport gate, I knew we were meant to pursue it seriously. I realize everyone's relationships operate differently, but I don't know if that's the kind of feeling you'll really be 100% sure about before you have a chance to be with him again in person for an extended amount of time. Like Redheart14 said, take it as it comes. If he comes to see you and you're comfortable with that, do it! If not, don't push yourself to do something you don't want to. Until then, enjoy getting to know each other and just let things happen (which is much easier than it sounds, I know!). If it's meant to be, it will be. Good luck
      We First Met On: December 27, 2015
      We First Started Dating On: January 1, 2016
      First Meeting: March 18 to March 26, 2016
      Second Meeting: June 17 to September 25, 2016
      Third Meeting: December 20, 2016 to January 3, 2017
      He Left For The Army: January 3, 2017
      Next Meeting: April 7 to April 15, 2017

Comment

OP, You are fine. Ride the wave.

First Visit: September 2016
        Second Visit: January 2017 (Her birthday)
        Third Visit: June 2018 (medical conference near her home)

John 3:16
        For God so loved the world. That he gave his only begotten son. For whosoever believeth in him. Shall not perish but have eternal life
        John 4:12
        I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Working...
        X