Feeling too shy to ask him to come visit me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling too shy to ask him to come visit me

So, I've been visiting my guy in Iceland for five weeks now. I met him when I was travelling back in Oct, sort of fell for him, but we only got two dates before I had to go and I kept wondering "What would have happened if we had longer to spend time together?"

We kept in touch a lot for three months after I went home. So, I went out on a limb to make plans to come back for six weeks and see if there was anything there.

I'm happy to say that there is! From when I arrived he really wanted to see me, spoiled me with an amazing birthday dinner, and we've been seeing each other almost every day and it's been so lovely.

I've been wanting to invite him to come visit me in Canada sometime, but I keep shying away from it!!! I don't know why I get so nervous when I want to bring it up, but I do. I have to go home in 1.5 weeks :-( so I'd like to ask him in person before I go.

Any advice?

Sometimes you just have to bite that bullet. Not everything is going to be easy. Being able to communicate with family, friends and SO's is a part of life. We have to step out of our comfort zone sometimes. When you're talking about going home, just ask him his thoughts on visting Canada. You're not asking for a date or a deadline, just if it's something he would consider.
    To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

What R&R said. Sometimes you have to face your fears and just take a leap of faith, because it may just be the best thing you do!

Comment

Working...
      X