Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My love story: Brazil - Finland

Hello everyone!

Nice to meet you! I would like to share a little bit of my long LDR story. And maybe hear a bit of your as well. I met my love actually in 2007, long before we ever started dating. He was an online friend of one of my best online friends at the time and they had a crush on each other. I'm from Brazil and he is from Finland. We had a lot in common and a while on, I wrote him e-mail asking for advice on guys and so much more. We became good friends. He met her one day and things didn't work out between them. They ended, she moved on and got married. Meanwhile we continued to talk. By then, I had a boyfriend (lasted 8 years) and lived with him and he had a girlfriend (lasted 4 years) and lived with her. We remained friends.

In 2013, we had both broke up briefly and our chats became a little more romantic. But it felt so big for some reason, we stopped talking altogether for a while. And both went back to the exes. In the end of 2014, his girlfriend broke up with him and we had continued to being friends and I supported him. Our relationship got close and I broke up as well. We had no way of meeting, everything was confusing. I went back to my ex and we had a big fight online.

2017. I realized on my own all the suffering, all the pain and the abused I suffered for so many years with my ex. Decided to, this time, break things with him for good. For myself. I had still "the one" as a friend and he was supportive. We reconnected. A LOT.

To help things out this time, I had become a flight attendant in my home country. And I got benefits for traveling. So on his vacations, we met for the first time in Lisbon. Had the most amazing time (8 days). Than almost 2 months later, we went to Amsterdam. And one month and a half later I finally went to Finland for my vacations. Than it has been like this, meeting every 2 months. It's always a huge risk, not getting the benefit ticket, not getting the work holidays. I realized how lucky I was to have this incredible opportunity from my work. How many LDR couples from two different continents meet this often?!?! But it was taking its toll. So in Barcelona he proposed. And soon he will be coming for the first time to Brazil (and meeting my WHOLE family) and next month... i'm moving to Finland )))

So that's our story, for now )))

I think you replied to one of my posts and commented on the similar time lines to our relationships. I applaud your actions, it seems that there are a lot of people in LDRs who linger in the distance phase. Long before I found this forum, I read several writings on LDRs and the one thing they all said was to pick a date and work to it. Sounds like you did! Congrats, I believe you won't regret making the move. Hoot Hoot!

Comment

Working...
    X