I didn't let them get to know him.. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I didn't let them get to know him.. :(

My boyfriend came to visit in my country for the first time and I was so happy about it I just wanted him for myself. Of course we went to my house so my family can properly meet him finally and we did go there again which resulted in 3 times of those 12 days going to my house. My mom and dad asked me if we would like to come and stay over in the weekend just for one night between Friday and Saturday just to be with them a bit more and tbh my boyfriend didn't mind that at all but I was too nervous about this you know if we won't have what to talk about in dinner table and it will just be awkward and all that so I just said no.. just straight away.. and my mom did tell me to think about it anyways. which I did. And I still decided not to go. Today a few days after he went back home I was talking with my mom a bit about this all and I asked her as well what does she thinks about him because I really wanted to know but she didn't know what to say really because she didn't really get to know him. The longest time we have been to my house was about two hours I think and after that maybe one hour even 30 minutes on the way to other places. And now I feel so guilty and so bad and selfish as well that I didn't think about there need to get to know him more that's why they wanted us to come over for the weekend and I just didn't want to and I didn't think about that in this way either and now it's killing me because I want them to know him to see who he really is how he makes me happy and all that was one of the main goals for when he comes over finally but no.. and now I feel so bad and stupid for letting this happen..

It's understandable that you wanted to spend as much time as possible with him by yourself. There will be visits in the future, I'm sure, and you can use those opportunities to give your parents a chance get to know your SO. Unless you plan on breaking up soon, don't sweat it too much. Just make some plans to have dinner with or stay over at your parents during his next visit.
    Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
    Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
    Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

You could video chat too! It's definitely not the same as being in person, but would still help your family get to know him better

Comment

Working...
      X