Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing before he is gone

Hi,
    My name is Emily and I am new to this forum and looking for some support as I await the approaching day that my boyfriend of 2 years is moving to London England for 9 months on a teaching job. I live in Ontario Canada. He hasn't left yet and I am filled with concern. He is super confident that we are going to make it, but it feels more difficult to me as I am the one being left behind so to speak. Does anyone have any tips on preparing in these weeks leading up to him leaving that may make the transition easier? Just looking for somewhere to get my thoughts out instead of being sad to my boyfriend and thought I would give this a try.
    Thanks for reading.

Hi Emily, I'm your neighbour haha. I live in Quebec, but currently in MB with my SO.

I understand how you feel as I usually live with my boyfriend during 2-3 months. Then, we go back long distance for 4 months and back together. I always feel sad before he leaves or when I have to leave, which kind of ruins our time together.

I think that you just have to be optimistic and positive. You must make the most of your time together before he leaves. Make memories. Change your mind with activities. You've been with your BF for 2 years already. So you already have something solid that is built between the two of you. If you keep a good communication during these 9 months apart, I don't see why it could not work. he will be back after that and quicker than you think. Moreover, the distance might solidify your relationship as if you can go through that together, you will be able to go through a lot together.

Don't hesitate to contact me if you need someone to talk to
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

If you can make it through distance, then afterwards could be a breeze All right, no relationship will be easy, but distance definitely is a good test. It improves communication, and if not, you'll find out whether or not you two will work out. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X