Money Transfers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Money Transfers

Ok. So this is our situation. We both have Paypal accounts, but neither of us have a bank account, and we are not able to open one because of our lack of finances. I have now managed to save some money, and want to send it to SO. How can I do it? Any suggestions on the best/safest/cheapest/easiest way? SO is in the US, I am in Republic of Ireland. Any advice or help on this much appreciated.

Husband and I use Western Union. Of course there is a fee for sending, but it is not so bad. There is an app and everything.

Comment

Does that work without a bank account at either side?

Comment

Yes. He sends money from an office there and I go to a location here with the receipt information to pick up cash or a check(depending on how much cash the location has on hand). I then go to my bank if i choose. Although recently i've been thinkin i would rather a transfer go directly to my bank account but i have not taken the time to figure out how to do that through their website.

Comment

Thank you! I just looked it up, and I can send the money from my local Post Office to near where SO is. So excited to know that I can do this now.

Comment

No problem Glad to help.

Comment

As an update to this post, I now have a bank account! I can send him money via paypal, but he will have to request it as a cheque to be sent to him, and they charge $1.50 for it, but that still sounds good to me.

Comment

We have recently used TransferWise.
                I am not sure if you can transfer funds from/to a paypal acount.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisVesters View Post
                  We have recently used TransferWise.
                  I am not sure if you can transfer funds from/to a paypal acount.
                  Doesn't look like it. It says the recipient needs a bank account, so that won't work for us. We can use WU or PayPal at least.

Comment

Working...
                  X