Closing distance from UK to US advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing distance from UK to US advice?

Hello, me and my SO have been together for over two years now and he finally has a job which pays enough in order for him to make the minimum yearly income requirements. Obviously we need to wait a while to marry anyway to ensure we have enough money to cover all the visa costs, medical checks etc. However, I'm aware that you prove your income amount through your tax reports but what happens if you haven't had your job for a year before your tax report comes? Will that still count as proof as they could see that if you had worked the job for a year you would've earned the amount or do you actually have to be in the job for a full year in order to have the full income amount shown in your taxes?

I know you can also use assets etc to add up the income requirements but he doesn't have enough for it to be significant, nor can we use a joint sponsor as both of his parents have children and don't earn enough. Also, just to be clear he will be living alone with no other dependencies besides me.

I hope this all makes sense, any advice would be appreciated!

I am pretty sure you actually have to have the paperwork to support the claim otherwise anyone could claim they have enough money.
    I provided tax returns and a bank statement.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
    First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
    Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
    Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
    Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
    Married: 1/24/2015
    Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
      I am pretty sure you actually have to have the paperwork to support the claim otherwise anyone could claim they have enough money.
      I provided tax returns and a bank statement.
      Thank you for your reply. I’m aware you need proof but what I was meaning is that because of when tax paperwork is provided (around March time I believe?) he won’t have worked the job for a full year as he’s only just started employment there this month, therefore won’t have reached the minimum requirement needed for a year. However, as he will still be in employment could these still be viable proof as it shows that if the job had been for a year he would have enough? Or would we just have to wait until the next tax paperwork after that, meaning we have to wait a whole other year? Thanks

Comment

You can also add pay check stubs or a letter of employment, where your employer states your yearly income and that there is no further restrictions (as in having a temporary contract only).

Comment

Working...
        X