Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to see bf for Christmas

Hi guys,

I'll be visiting my boyfriend for Christmas & New Year's (first time I ever travel to the US), and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions regarding gifts for his family. I have already bought a present for him (book & letters I'll write) but am unsure about what to get his family. He has a big family and regrettably it wouldn't be possible for me to buy something for everyone due to both luggage restrictions and cost issues. Also, I wouldn't want to accidentally forget someone since that would be rather awkward. However, I am planning to get something for his mom (who he is closest to) and stepdad, as well as his eldest sister. I was thinking maybe a fancy local wine for his mom and stepdad which I'll store in my checked luggage, but I have no idea what his sister would possibly like. I know she is currently pursuing a Masters in engineering, is very fond of her pets (cat & dog) and really enjoys hiking in the mountains. She is around 33 years old.

Maybe she would appreciate a postcard from my country (Greece)? But wouldn't that look kind of cheap? Ack! :P

Throw me all your best and affordable gift ideas! Lol!

Offer to cook them dinner one night or take them out to dinner.

Comment

I'd say something local. What is your area famous for? Something edible (check restrictions) is always good. Or if your area is know for their lavender then buy a lavender soap etc. Something that they can use and something relating to your home

Comment

Draw them something, make something for them, I think that will work great

Comment

Working...
        X