Trying to get her back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get her back

Hey, new here and just kinda wanted to tell my story and maybe get some advice.

We met online a while ago, and we really clicked together. We talked a bunch almost everyday and to me it was like I finally found someone that was like me, a nerd but one that also works out and has a life outside of videogames. I instantly loved that, and I noticed I started falling for her before I even saw her face.

When I finally got to see pictures of her, she was, in my eyes, the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She looked so natural, and she really didn’t bother applying the pounds of make up most girls these days wear (Which is fine, just not really my thing.) Anywho, after about a month off teasing and flirting, well we got really intimate. After that night, I asked her what are we, and well at first she said she really liked me, but that she didn’t know if she could really be with a guy that’s not there.

Long story short, I convinced her to give it a shot, that maybe it’ll be nice for us. And for 2 months, it was, she constantly reminded me that she loved me, that she was really happy I convinced her and that she wanted no one else. I couldn’t have been happier during these days... But well, one day she didn’t talk to me all day, which was strange, after talking and asking what was wrong(we promised we would always be communicative with each other) she tood me that she felt off, that not having me there really hurt her because she really loved me and wanted nothing else for me to be there. But that since I wasn’t, she didnt know if she could still keep trying, that she spent too much time crying and felt so lonely when she wasn’t talking to me. This broke my heart, not just because she was essentially breaking up with me, but because this relationship at times hurt her more than it did her good.

Well after the break up, we promised we’d stay friends, but it was intense. If I’m honest, I was still pretty clingy to her because well I still had some hope that after I graduate we could study together and well, just be together. At the time, I wanted to study somewhere else, about two states away from her, which looking back was a bad idea. Anyways, after a while we got into a huge argument, our first argument, in which she called me out for being clingy, and her for not caring. After a while, she said our relationship was never real, which hurt a lot at the time. It left me in disbelief, which I then told her no wonder she had some shitty boyfriends in the past, and will probably keep dating shitty people. This was a terrible thing to say in my part, and I can’t stop regretting it. Well, after that she said that she couldn’t have waited for a maybe, (because I wasn’t even going to study where she lived) and that she couldnt keep talking to someone so one-minded.

That was the last time I’ve spoked to her and it was around a month and a week ago. I tried to contact her several times through her friend, twice she said no, and about a week ago she said she was okay with talking to me. I told her friend to tell her that I’m open whenever, and I was really hoping to talk to her before or on my birthday. Well today is my birthday and I still haven’t talked to her.

Sorry for the long post, but I needed somewhere to say everything without much judgement. Any advice is appreciated.

First of all, happy birthday! I hope you will have a good one.

Regarding your post, i think it would be healthier for you to move on. You should focus on school and graduating. You are young and will most likely want to experience college or university without being tied down to some place or someone. I think that it would help you a lot to try to distanciate yourself from her friend and her. Don't try to contact her. She would do it if she wanted to. Just try to change your mind. Go out. Have fun for your birthday. See friends. It's normal to be hurt but it's better if you move on.

I wish you all the best. Happy birthday again! 🎈
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

happy birthday.

as someone who just broke up with their SO i can tell u that moving on is sometimes the best for the both of u as much as u want to grab on the hope that maybe u guys will get back for now u need to work on yourself she said you're clingy and one minded although that's kinda mean but take it as a way for u to become a better person take your time and give her time so next time u guys talk she'll see how much u improved as a person with that being said ldr are really really hard and u never know what the future holds for u.

wish u the best and keep us updated.

Comment

Well if you'd like to know, she said that She thinks that maybe she shouldn't talk to me, because she worries that she'll start to think about me again if we start talking again. So at that time I talked with her friend a bit about it, and I feel like her friend really pushed her to push me out, so after almost two weeks, I wrote to her personal account with my own other account, saying that "Hey look, basically I just want us to stay as friends since we have a good connection and I rather not lose it." Which is true, because I think that maybe it's for the best we don't get together again for now. Well she has seen the message and accepted my follow to chat with her, but other than that she has said nothing or done anything, not even blocked me again. Kinda lost on this.

Comment

Working...
        X