post visit difficulties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

post visit difficulties

Hi everyone. I’m not sure how these work, i’m not someone to really reach out like this. I met my SO online. so our relationship started different than most. this led us to learning to love each other in a different way than physically at first. it took us nine months to finally meet and it was better than i could of ever imagined. i will be honest i had my doubts but everything was clarified after that visit. when i left, it was devastating and i had such a hard time but my SO kept me going and always reassured me we were ok and everything was going to be ok. after that first visit our phone calls and video calls got longer and all the cheesy things that LDR do we did. everything was going so well and we had another visit sneaking up on us. so the day finally came and we spent a wonderful month together and it felt like heaven. granted we were both on vacation and living island life, but we focused on getting stronger as a couple. so the day came when i had to leave and now i’m so heartbroken. i have only been home a week and i can’t stop crying. my SO is having such a hard time and instead of getting stronger, the distance is killing us and making us weaker. our calls are getting shorter and our messages are getting less. i know it’s not because of the love, i know how much love we have. It’s just the fact we don’t know how to handle being apart. I soon have a life change coming up and in 4 months i am free to live/ work and do whatever i want. out of the 2.5 years we have spent doing this, 4 months is nothing but i can’t reconnect with my SO and help him through this.

anyway, if you are still reading at this point, thank you. i’m not really sure what i’m looking for but i guess if you have any tips on how to make the distance easier or reassure my SO that i am here for him i would appreciate anything i can get.

thanks !!

My sympathy goes out to you krf22, it's hard to say good bye to your loved one.
    My now husband and I prefer to stay busy and work as a team on our project (to bring him and his son from France to the United States to live with me) while exchanging as frequent visits as possible during the separation.
    We visit each other every 6-8 weeks, and at the moment of saying "good-bye" we always know the date for the next visit. It helps.
    Not mentioning every days calls, texts, photo exchange, etc.
    I wish you patience, hope and faith. It will work out just fine, believe me.

Comment

Communication is KEY, and having a date to count down to. My husband and I did LD for years. Even seeing each other every weekend was still so hard. You do get used to it, though. Have regular Skype dates, watch movies together, take pictures of your day and send them back and forth. I am a success story. You may be one too!
      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Originally posted by TaraMarie View Post
        Communication is KEY, and having a date to count down to. My husband and I did LD for years. Even seeing each other every weekend was still so hard. You do get used to it, though. Have regular Skype dates, watch movies together, take pictures of your day and send them back and forth. I am a success story. You may be one too!
        How do you watch movies together?
        I always wanted to do it with my husband but I don't know how to do it simultaneously.
        He is in France, I am in USA, so Netflix is out of the question.
        Please advise! Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by babochka View Post
          How do you watch movies together?
          I always wanted to do it with my husband but I don't know how to do it simultaneously.
          He is in France, I am in USA, so Netflix is out of the question.
          Please advise! Thanks!
          The way we do it is just have a video call on FB messenger and do a 3-2-1 countdown so we start the movie at the same time. Sometimes it gets out of sync (eg., buffering), but it's close enough.
          sigpic

Comment

I have the solution for you

There is a website called rabb.it. You can create an account easily and will get a private room then where you can watch something on youtube, there is also an add-on for Netflix to share the movie too so you will watch it like when sitting together. The room has a chat function too, a cam and voice function and you can set it on private (in case you just wanna be alone) or on open if you want other people to join too and meet new ones
            We did the COuntdown thing as well before we discovered rabb.it
            Another good thing is that website is totally free and also spam-free

Comment

Originally posted by Lune View Post
              I have the solution for you

There is a website called rabb.it. You can create an account easily and will get a private room then where you can watch something on youtube, there is also an add-on for Netflix to share the movie too so you will watch it like when sitting together. The room has a chat function too, a cam and voice function and you can set it on private (in case you just wanna be alone) or on open if you want other people to join too and meet new ones
              We did the COuntdown thing as well before we discovered rabb.it
              Another good thing is that website is totally free and also spam-free
              Is the Add on in Rabb.it or an internet browser?

Comment

The add on to share netflix is for the Google Chrome browser.
                Rabb.it itself is a website.

Comment

Hello,

Just to add in on the watching movies because my BF and I couldn't figure out Rabbit for anything haha! We use a free program called Team Viewer... what happens is one of us logs in and can remote into the others computer. He is in the UK and I am in Canada and not even 20 minutes ago we were watching Sherlock Holmes together. The only issue we have found is his internet can be slow so my screen will buffer a lot, but when he remotes into my computer we didn't have any issues! He can also then see my screen so we did questions and looked at websites together which was pretty cool. We then used Skype on our phones so we didn't get an echo!

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X