He lost feelings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He lost feelings

During the start of November I started to talk to this guy who I thought was so great and amazing. I was friends with him for a few months before this but he always meant something to me. We started dating around November 16th and then everything went down hill from there. He started getting distance and it just seemed like he was giving up. He ended up leaving me a week after because he was never going to see me. I was broken and also confused. We ended up talking the next day and I told him I would go down there and see him. He was happy and asked me back out again. Everything was fine and perfect. Then he started talking less, being dry, and it just seemed that he was giving up again. I ended up breaking down and a fight happened. He ended up saying he wasn't ready for a relationship and I understood that and I told him to take his time because I loved him so much. He meant the world to me. He ended up saying this Wednesday that he lost all his feelings for me and didn't love me anymore. Today I decided to just cut contact with him and just give up. I still love him and he will always be a special place in my heart but I cannot keep pushing and pushing to get him to love me when he simple just doesn't. He wants someone there, someone he can hold and I understand that. The sad thing about this all is I wanted him and now I just don't want anyone anymore. I lost interest in everything and I can just feel myself giving up. I really need advice on what to do. Do I just move on with my life and try to forget him? Will he start to miss me ? I don't understand how you can love someone so much and then all their feelings can just go away in a second. How can you put a stop to your feelings. The worst thing is he lost someone that loved him probably more than anyone could.

Hi, sorry to hear what happened. I think you’re taking the mature approach here. As you said, you can’t make someone love you when they simply don’t feel it. Take this time to make yourself the number one priority. Do things for you, spend time with friends and family and try to not dwell on things too much. Give him and yourself the time and space you need to heal. You don’t have to feel ready for any type of relationship yet, just don’t force yourself to feel like you have a time limit to “get over it”. Everyone grieves and heals differently.

Comment

Working...
    X