Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scared to Travel

Hi everyone!

Me and my bf applied for a UK visa before Christmas but he didn't get it! I was sad a bit but now I need to move on to plan b. I want to travel to see him in Algeria or maybe meet in Tunisia. I've been working and have saved up some money. The thing is I'm scared to travel by plane. I've never done it before. My mum will come with me because she doesn't want me to go alone. I'm going to get CBT to help but I really want this. At this current moment we've been together over a year and by the time I plan to see him (in the summer) we'll be together for a year and a half. It's time to meet him. I don't want to go 2 years, 3 years and have not met him. I need to know what we're like together in real life. So do you guys have any advice or encouragement. I have to do this!! This year!!

Thank you!

Encouragement from here. It's good that you won't be going alone, especially as it's your first time flying. A lot of people are scared of flying, so having someone for support is a positive. I have never been to Algeria, so I can't advise you on what to expect or what to see. I enjoy travelling, and you learn a lot. Being in a LDR, you will become well versed in airports, visas, currencies, and cuisine (more so if you're international).
    I will let you in on a secret...I am terrified about my first visit this February, but I am going regardless! You can do it, and I hope you have a great time.

Comment

Thank you so much! I'm going to give it my best damn shot! I'm really happy for you! I hope everything goes well and you enjoy yourself! It's so exciting!

Comment

It's funny how an event can make you feel so many different things simultaneously. It's pretty exhausting!

Comment

At least I'm not the only terrified person. Albeit we've just started being an LDR his stepmom lives in my state..so visiting has been discussed. He also wants me to visit eventually, which might not happen. Since 3 main reasons 1) no one to take care of my cat 2)no one to come with me and 3) my job. Just the thought of going to Africa kind of scares me though..

Comment

Yeah I mean I completely get you. Going to another country is scary. I've never been out of the UK before. Hopefully, we'll find the courage soon to be able to travel and see our loved ones. Thanks for replying and sharing your fears

Comment

agree withmind that going to other countries scared by in first time.

Comment

There is nothing to be scaried. Hope you can get enough couranges for it.

Comment

Working...
                X