Now what...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now what...?

Hey, I found this website on the beginning of the year but only today I deciced to write a post, because of a few things that happened.
    Long story short, I am male, 20, from Europe, and in August I met a girl (21) from South America. We met on a penpal website and we started to chat. We became very good friends, we got closer everyday, I like her very much. One of the first things she told me about when we first met was that she was planning to move to my country (she never said how much time it would take). As I was saying, we got closer and closer, we chated everyday (messages, video calls before sleeping). She was always the one to tell what she felt first, and on December she told me that she liked me not only as a friend, and at the end of that month she said that she loved me... and I told her that I loved her as well. But there is more. I have never been in a relationship, and even thought I am 20, I have never been with a woman before... ( I know this might sound wrong but this is who I am and I am ok with that). She had other men in the past, and I am ok with that. But just a few days after telling me that she loved me, she told me that she would still be with other men, because she could do it without felling anything for them, only for the pleasure, but she said that if I did the same thing, it would be ok, but she was worried about losing me, because it would be my first time and she was afraid that I could fall in love with the woman I was with. This is what we talked about at the beginning of the year. Now, last Sunday night she went to a party with a friend and i was ok with that. We didnt talk a lot on Monday and on Tuesday we chated a bit more and she said that we could see each other late at night. She didnt show up an i didnt sleep until 2am waiting for her. Next day, Wednesday was a normal day. At night, a few hours before going to bed, we were making a video call and she was weird. She told me that I should find a woman for me, even thought I could fall in love and she would lose me. I told her that I didnt want other woman, and I found those words weird. So I asked her if she had sex with another man...and she said she did, on the day before, Tuesday. She met him on Sunday night. I felt horrible. She said that on my face. I hung up the phone. But we chated for a few minutes. When I felt better we made another video call. She said...that she didnt want it, that it meant nothing to her, but it didnt help, I felt betrayed, because she told me everyday that she loved me, and i told her the same, she told that she wanted to be with me, be my girlfriend once she lived here. We argued for the rest of the night until she decided to go to sleep, she didnt care about my felings, she said I was over-reacting. She didnt even apologize for what she did, because for her, it meant nothing, as she said, we werent even dating, so what she did was ok. But for me it was not ok. I didnt sleep that night. On Thursday she texted me. We argued a lot, but me anger started to go away, and I only felt sad. I told her that I could forgive her, but it couldnt happen again. She said it wouldnt happen again. I was not ok with that but...I still loved her and we saw each other on video call before sleep and it was good to be with her. Friday, yesterday, was better, we chatted on the morning, but had another fight in the afternoon, because I talked about what she did. She said that if we were dating she would not do it again, because she was incapable of cheating, that she never cheated on a boyfriend. I was desperate, I havent sleep well for days and so I asked her to be my girlfriend. She said yes, so now we are boyfriend and girlfriend and I am the biggest idiot on earth. I love her, I dream about meeting her, being with her, spend my time with her...but the did what she did. I can forgive that as long as it wont happen again, but I am afraid she will do it again. Should I break up with her? I think that I should do something, but not sure why. I fell that I am weak, I have never dated before, so I am afraid of losing her and never fiding another woman ( I know it is stupid to say such thing). She is lovely, beautiful, sweet, funny, she did what she did, but she was honest, she didnt lie to me. I was alone before meeting her and I dont want to be alone again, now that I look back I had an empty life with only a few friends and I dont want the loneliness to be back. With her, everything is better, but she is not perfect and she hurted me a lot. Today, saturday, we didnt talk about "what she did", we are living a normal life. Soon she will probably go out again, and I dont know what she will do, but I want to trust her again and live in peace and sleep well when she goes out. This might sound wrong, but I think that the only way to forgive her and live in peace with that, would be if I did the same thing to her and be with other womann, but I dont want that, and I wont, (and probably I woulnt find anyone.) But I dont want to wait for her to be here with me, just to find out that she had other men while we were dating. I fell lost and dont know what to do. I want to be with her. But most of all, I want to live in peace with myself, I dont want to be cheated and I dont want the woman I love to be with other men she just met just for fun. I believe that one day we will be together, but until that day...it will be hard.
    Yesterday we started to date. I dont want to think about what she did as treason, eventhought we talked about love everyday and it hurted me a lot.
    This was a long text. Thank you for your time.
    I fell lost, I am in college and I am having a hard time studying with all those things happening.
    I didnt share this with anyone, not friends nor family, so I need someone.
    Thanks

Hey there =)

I read your whole text and it all seems to be pretty complicated. Yet from the beginning there are some warning signs that show.
    What is definitely confusing is how your friend gives you mixed signs all the time, like when you say she is the one to come out with her feelings first and on the other side then plays around, says you should find someone else, is not ready to go into a commitment and even sleeping with someone else (yes, you were not officially dating, yet I find it not nice to tell someone you love them and rise hopes and then get intimate with someone else just for fun). That you are fighting so much about this topic now also shows how much it hurt you and that you don't trust her anymore when thinking whenever she goes out next she could be involved with another guy again, also if she said now that you are together she won't cheat. That is no good basis for a beginning of a relationship at all, especially for a long distance version, where it takes a lot trust, communication and commitment and also patience. Of course there are different ways to handle a relationship like this, always depending on the types of people having it, from what you tell about yourself though it seems like you need someone who can give you things she might not be ready for yet.

I think as well, that it can be dangerous to wanna stay with someone who hurts you because of fearing loneliness. There are many ways to fill a life without it being toxic and dependent on the moods of someone who is so shaky with the behavior when it comes to love.
    You sound like a kind and friendly guy and also to be okay with yourself before, like with not having much experience in dating and so on yet. And being in peace with yourself like you say it too is the most important. Basically you are saying you are lost but the same time having found your answers to what you want already. You wanna have a girl only wanting you and being reliable. And that it all affects your college studies is not good either. For you and her it might be better to keep it all on the friendship-level til you know each other longer and probably also can see where your romantic feelings are leading you

If you need someone to talk, feel free to drop a private message or so

All the best
    Lune

Comment

Hey luis!
      I'm brand new here and this is my first ever message here.
      Your very long message compelled me to write!!

I know you are twenty and therefore very young and frankly, inexperienced.
      I couldn't help but say "nooo!!!" When i read you saying you want to do the same to her as she did to you!!!
      First off! Do not throw away your virginity for some stupid revenge!!! For God's sake Don't do it!!! It'll be the stupidest thing you'll do and you'll regret it!!! You can never take that moment (that supposed to be very special) back.
      Secondly it is really really really immature and vindictive of you to do the same!! It would create a really toxic childish and petty relationship. If you create this pattern of "she did, i did" bullshit.
      Sorry don't mean to be hard on you but I'm quite a few years older than you with (quite) a bit more experience than you. You are still in the hormonal phase so i get how your head is all over the place.

You wrote a very long rambling comment and it seems you are super strugling with it!!
      Personally i completely agree with you, what she did was not ok! At all!!! I don't get the whole, I'll be with other men and you can do too, it's ok with me, but at tge same time profess that you love each other.

It sounds like you are both confused.
      I'm glad you told her that she cannot do it again. But the question is REALLY: can you really forgive that, and secondly DO you want to forgive that??
      I think what she did was very damaging and stupid and you need to decide first and foremost if you can truly forgive her behaviour and what she would need to do to gain your trust again.
      I would be very firm with her about it never happening again and that she broke your trust there.
      You need to communicate with her until you are absolutely sure she understand the consequences of her actions, how it makes you feel and that if she says she loves you she needs to aboslutely commit.
      No throwing around that word and shagging other people on the side. Feelings or not.
      None if that!!!
      And if you suspect that she still has the urge to fulfil it sexually until you are meeting next than I'm sorry Luis. You HAVE to cut your losses.

Btw, i think that becoming bf gf, was a bit rash and hasty and you did it out of desperation to keep her. Not good.

Take the time to sort out in your head if you well and truly want to make things work and assess clearly in your head if you feel she can do the same!!!
      Literally takes days to walk away from the drama, distract yourself from all the intensity and whirlwind of emotions and find calmness in your head. You'll see things a lot clearer that way.

Hopefully I've given you enough advice to help you deal with this tricky situation.

Good luck.

P.s i would keep communications super clear and transparent. She needs to be transparent with you, if she goes out, she needs to be able to text you back throughout the night with regular updates. And say if she got home ok or not. Until you fully trust her again and you can let the leash down.

Comment

Lune!
        Bravo! Well done i agree completely with everything you said!! She doesn't seem ready to me, wants to play around a lot amd is VERY confused. Red flags all around.

Also your second paragraph was spot on! Not a good idea to start a relationship on the basis of fear of loneliness. It puts one in a very desperate situations!!!
        - "toxic" spot on!
        Good message!!

Comment

Working...
        X