first meeting has been postponed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first meeting has been postponed

my birthday is coming up in two days. i had planned to see my boyfriend (who i've yet to actually meet offline) in february for us to spend my birthday and valentine's together... we were going to see each other in person for the very first time. due to some unforeseen money-related circumstances, that plan has now been postponed. our new goal is to have met by july at the latest.

we videocall almost every day... and have been messaging every single day, since before we even decided to become a couple. i love him and he's more than worth waiting for. but it hurts to love someone so much that it's the most intense emotion you've ever felt but at the same time you're not able to lay your head on their shoulder, actually look them in the eyes, or kiss.

now i'm losing my train of thought because i'm getting frustrated while typing this. this post has taken me about 45 minutes to write up to this point because i'm not sure how to word it in order to convey my impatience to you. i'll be here in the same city, working, stagnating, waiting, longing. what a way to spend a birthday and a valentine's day.

i know that i'm incredibly lucky to have him in my life at all... really hope that i don't come across as being ungrateful. i'm unsure what sort of response (if any) i'm looking for from this post. this just acted as a method for me to examine my own emotions, i think. organize my mind a bit.

I've been with my SO for over three years and never once celebrated valentine days together nor my birthday. This year is the first we will send each other something for valentine day. It used to bother me but not anymore. Of course it sucks to see all these couples around going out and receiving flowers and everything but just see it the other way around. You could be in a crappy relationship in which you would be miserable. As i mentioned on multiple thread here, LDR are hard but if you can go through it, there is not much that can stop you as a couple.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Listen, I know EXACTLY how you feel. I've been with my boyfriend for almost 2 years and we didn't get to meet in person until the year and a half mark. (we are an international couple, Germany to the US so that adds even more complications) It was a long wait, and I think we had planned about 3-4 meet ups during that time that never worked out. It was either a money issue or a time issue on one of our ends and it absolutely sucks. I know how disappointing it can be to have plans fall through, trust me, I've gone through it way too many times...but just know that day WILL come. If you love each other enough (which it seems like you do) then you will get there one day! Even if it doesn't seem like it now, just have hope. You're doing everything right! Calling and messaging everyday is what kept my boyfriend and I so close and on track to finally meeting in person. Also, a great way to feel closer to each other during holidays and birthdays is to send each other gifts! It doesn't have to be big, even just a hand written letter would be nice. Having something like that to look forward to really helped me and my bf while we were waiting to meet. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
      X