So Foolish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So Foolish

This is a difficult thread to write because it confesses what everyone was thinking and what I was too blind to see...

My S.O. was a fraud. His profile was a fake. His photo wasn't his it was from a guy in Spain.. He almost got me in heaps of trouble!!

So not that my family trusts Africans because of this but now I'm skeptic about people. I'm slowly starting to trust someone who's from Africa, I have a feeling that having them meet mY family-IF it comes to that will be an option....

I'm so sorry this happened to you... How are you holding up personally?

Comment

I'm skeptic about anyone online now and I'm not too sure who I can really trust now. I'm talking to someone from Ghana and I'm slowly starting to trust him, it's not easy because the catfish was from Africa as well-the slightest thing will make me wary now. I feel like a mess inside.

Comment

So sorry to hear this. I suggest doing some kind of video chat with your new person just to at least know if he looks like his profile picture. Anyway Don’t feel too bad and just take this as a learning experience. Wishing you the best in your healing process.

Comment

Just be careful this time. You never know who the other person is. Never send any money if you have not met him before. never. Ask for video call. Ask for ID if necessary.
          - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
          First meeting: December 2016
          Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
          Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
          Engaged: December 2017
          Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
          Fifth visit: December 2019
          Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Originally posted by LisaS View Post
            So sorry to hear this. I suggest doing some kind of video chat with your new person just to at least know if he looks like his profile picture. Anyway Don’t feel too bad and just take this as a learning experience. Wishing you the best in your healing process.
            I second this... Also, try to focus about your healing process more if you could. It's great that you've started to talk with someone new though, just be cautious this time, check the way he acts than the words that he gives to you. People could say anything online to their own benefits these days. Wish you best!

Comment

I am also scared to meet the fraud.

Comment

Working...
              X