Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats are your experiences about the "giving time"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats are your experiences about the "giving time"?

Oh wow, this is a hard cookie now. Me and my SO are in a really long haul LDR (Germany/Argentina) and we kept it going for nearly 7 years with real passion. Bit since the last Christmas my SO was kind of distant (I let him be, because he was with his family who he only gets to see over the Christmas time) and since he returned to his own home he kept being "busy". We had a minor discussion about plans in January (because i wanted him finally to come to visit me in european summer and he was not clear about it). Now he asked me since end of January for "time". He told me that he is tired of the whole situation and needs time apart and wants to concentrate on his study. I was really pissed realize, but after a new discussion I told that he can have the time (it was on 29.01.). He disappered for two weeks. Then I contacted him (we used to talk every day several times) and asked how much time he needs to get his head free. And he told me that he doesnt know, he wont take off his ring (we are engaged), but I "am free to do what ever i want". I send him to hell (literally), because to me it seems that he has no balls to tell me that he is breaking with me. But now here I am, he doesnt write me again for weeks, being constantly online, and i am desperate. My best friends tell me to go on with my life and concentrate on my stuff (I have an important exam in May), but I feel devastated and its such a deep despair... shold I book a short flight and just go to tell him that he is an a*? I went to a party last night and kissed like with 5 guys, but it didnt helped nothing, he was my everything, my life, my future, we had the names for our kid and dog ready and now... I just need some impartial advise guys (gosh again crying like a baby). Really one of the lowest points in my life so far (and i am 35 hehe). Also this weeks were quiet expensive because i was constantly drinking expensive scotch every day, fml. 7 years eh... 7 years.

I don't think drinking and spending your money on scotch is what will solve your problems. Kissing 5 men in a night won't solve your problems either.

It sounds like your boyfriend is done with this relationship and doesn't know how to end it properly. Just call him and ask a proper conversation.

Then try to heal. Not with scotch or alcohol but with time. I know it is hard and it is sad you are going through this after 7 years together, but that can happen. That's part of life. There are ressources to help you as well. You can go see a psychologist or social worker to help you deal with your pain.

I wish you the very best but I think it's time to move on.
    - I'll be waiting for you -

Started talking: December 2015
    First meeting: December 2016
    Second meeting: May 2017 - August 2017
    Third meeting: Septembre 2017 - January 2018
    Engaged: December 2017
    Fourth meeting: May 2018 - August 2018
    Fifth visit: December 2019
    Wedding: September 2019

Comment

Working...
    X