X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stressed out, advice needed.

Hi everybody

So this is the current situation.

I live in Belgium and my SO lives in Madrid for about 11 years now. He's Brasilian and needs to renewal his passport and residence documents. This has never been a problem untill now. He has work at the moment but not a permanent contract and that is causing the problem to renewal his documents.
    So now he's in a process of getting the right documents, evidence of income, etc. to get a new passport. A the moment he is experiencing some problems at work and is afraid to loose his job.

He asked me, yesterday, if it's okay to come to Belgium if everything goes wrong there. But I don't know what to say to him. First of all I am not ready to close the distance at all, if he doesn't have any papers he can't get work here so doesn't have an income and I am not able / willing to maintain both of us, marry him is also no option for me because we have been together for 6 months now, way toooooo early!

Don't get me wrong, I love him and I care for him but i also have to be rational and don't decide to do things that I maybe will regret.

So if he doesn't have a job, doesn't get his passport, he has to go back to Brasil.

Any advice or people with in a similar situation?

Would him coming to Belgium change anything? Wouldn't he still need a valid passport?
    sigpic

Comment

Nope, Wouldn't change a thing. Coming to Belgium is not the solution for the passport problem. It would be harder for him to get the right documents here then in Spain, where he's been living the last 11 years...

Comment

Is he still wanting to do it then?
        sigpic

Comment

Working...
        X