4 months into LDR [M/35] [F/33]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 months into LDR [M/35] [F/33]

Hi all, i've been into a ldr for about 4 months. We met online, and been good friends for 2 years before eventually going to meet her as friend (at first) at her place for 7 days during xmas and start liking each other in a different and closer way.

I've been at her place again a month ago for her birthday and i'm going to stay the whole summer with her. She also wants to come with me and visit my home for the first time, when i go back home.

We feel so good together and we kinda fit each other, we're both a bit weird but very caring and understanding. So far everything is good, we made it clear from the start what we want and what we usually do, and we know how hard it is to keep this going, but we are committed so far (we both have very bad previous experiences).

I'm writing here to ask your opinion because i recently quit my job (she's aware of it) and i'm thinking what to do with my life, i had many job offers but i'm taking a break.

I honestly wanna move to her place and start anew, i'm not afraid to do it and i have the resources (worked for 6 years and saved money).

My fear is that, even though we've been in ldr for 4 months and we know each other for 2 years, it might be too early for her. In any case i would make this move next year, do you think it is too early?

She lives alone and works full time.

Well, you'd be together for a year and 4 months by the time you move to her, but none of that matters if your girlfriend thinks differently about it. You can't really get a move on if you don't talk to your girlfriend about it despite your fears. So, you are going to have to have that talk with your girlfriend sooner or later.

Why are you afraid of it being too early for her, anyways? It's not a rejection, you know. If it's too early for her, she might just need a bit more time to feel ready.

Comment

Hey

Since you both live in Europe it is fortunately not that tricky to go into another country. A point that should be fulfilled when moving somewhere else though is not just doing it for someone but also for yourself. Do you like the new country so much with all that comes with it and also the culture that you can imagine living there? Another thing is the job question. Taking a break is not a bad thing yet having a constant work is important so you don't only have to live on your savings but also have more stability in the case of unplanned events that happen. Also when you would wanna go to Sweden it would be more expensive to live there than it is in Italy, also depending where of course.
      So what do you plan to do to find out where you wanna go in your life now?

The moving in part can be tricky or not. There are people moving together after a short time and it works perfectly fine and others do it when being together a while longer and it still can fail. It all has to do with how you would work out together, how you manage it to live in new environments and how you fill your lives. The only one to answer your question properly is your girlfriend though because only she knows what she thinks about it and can tell how she feels

Greets.

Comment

Working...
      X