This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm from USA, she's from Peru

Hello Forum - First time posting, so I'll just jump right to it - I'm US Male 51, she's 48 Peruvian. How we met, I joined an OLD site and met some interesting people. She sent me a "smile" and it all started from there. We started sending messages back and forth, this went on for a few...days I think...maybe a week or two...than she asked if I had WhatsApp and we started texting right off the bat which later turned into phone calls, etc. The one thing I will say w/ an LDR, is you really get to know a person quickly, faster than in real life IMHO...Ok, so we have been talking texting etc for the last 4 months...OMG...4 months, can't believe its been that long, seems like yesterday. Anyways, we decided to meet, she is flying up to where I live in the USA...I just want to note that before I met her, coincidences, occurrences, things lined up...all these little things just started pointing me toward...well...her!.... I think we clicked b/c we have the following in common - Same faith, same morals and ethics, same up bringing, she the youngest so am I, her family is large, so is mine (she told me she had 21 cousins in her district, I told her I had 26 in my home town), the list goes on...and its all core components IMHO that is needed in any relationship...well, as you can imagine things are going great, but quick. I couldn't believe how quickly I fell for this woman, of course she did this on purpose...j/k but seriously, I am shocked at myself...I was divorced a few years ago, my ex cheated on me so trust issues I thought would be an issue...but, this woman has tore that wall down...she is a complete open book...I thought maybe I am being cat-fished so I asked some questions did some back ground stuff (linkedin, etc) and poof...all was truth...we both practice our faith, I'm Catholic so my priests asks me about whats going on in my life...I tell him about her...b/c we do have a mission in Peru we go to yearly...and he tells me he will check the church were she said she goes to...father hears back, all is truth...I ask him what i should do....he just laughs and says "pray on it..." so I do...and again all circumstances, coincidences, etc again point to HER...its crazy at times...seriously...to my point and question, I NEVER thought I would want to get married again...don't get me wrong, I loved being married...when done w/ the right person, its the best IMHO...so, with that said...has anyone ever thought about getting married to an LDR SO BEFORE you met them?

Thanks for reading....
Working...
X