Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long did you spend together before you closed the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long did you spend together before you closed the distance?

I'm considering going to stay with my SO for a significant period of time whilst I have the freedom to do it, towards the end of next year. If I don't, in trying to close the distance, we would (probably) have spent only a few weeks together, which doesn't seem right somehow. Obviously, because we are international LD, it was always going to be difficult to navigate. The time I am thinking of would be upto 3 months. Because once I move and find employment, I'll be restricted on my travel again.

Anyway, my question is: How long did you spend consecutively together before you looked at closing the distance?

I wasn’t in an international ldr I was in a domestic one (12 hours). We were together for 3 years before we discussed closing the distance. In saying that, the longest we’d been together for was 3 weeks at a time. It then took another year and a half before we had officially closed the distance as things take time to finalise and move.

Comment

First trip was 11 days, second was 69 and third was 92! He proposed to me midway through the second trip, so I assume it was about 3 weeks?

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

I've been in an LDR with my SO since 2007. We've been looking at closing the distance since we got married in 2012, but circumstances in our lives have delayed that. Our visits have varied. The very first visit that we had was two weeks long. Our longest time together was six months (he would spend three months in the US, and I would go back with him to the UK to spend three months there. I recently came back from a three week visit with him, and we are finally at a place where we can get started with closing the distance between us.

Comment

Working...
        X